Chopsticks

I would stop eating there. I’ve got enough shit to carry around every day. I’ll be damned if I’m gonna haul a bowl around too. :noway:[/quote]
Its the new law. No more disposable tableware. Its great that they’re doing it. But its really really really funny that the school would deal with it by serving food without any tableware! I bet it never even crossed their minds to buy crockery. “Why the fuck should we? We’re a resaurant!” Only in Taiwan. :laughing: :laughing:

I would stop eating there. I’ve got enough shit to carry around every day. I’ll be damned if I’m gonna haul a bowl around too. :noway:[/quote]
Its the new law. No more disposable tableware. Its great that they’re doing it. But its really really really funny that the school would deal with it by serving food without any tableware! I bet it never even crossed their minds to buy crockery. “Why the fuck should we? We’re a resaurant!” Only in Taiwan. :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

Not so long ago foreigners [i]always[/i] carried their own chopsticks. Chinese hygiene standards weren’t exactly the highest in the world.

Carrying chopsticks I can handle. They’re small. But plates and bowls? Someone needs a barium enema.

I hawe ben thinking to buy my own for some time.
Maybe now it’s about time.

Where do you get them?

[quote=“Doctor Evil”]
Chinese hygiene standards weren’t exactly the highest in the world.[/quote]

And they are now?
I think one reason these places won’t be offering eating utencils is because over the years of using disposable suff they have all but forgotten how to wash even to their past standards.
Maybe we could all just carry straws and suck our food out of a cummunal pot.

‘cummunal’ ?

As in sharing together. This would eliminate the problem of people having to carry around bowls, and restaurants having to wash bowls.

As in sharing together. This would eliminate the problem of people having to carry around bowls, and restaurants having to wash bowls.[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, ladies and gentlemen…that one zipped right over his head!

As in sharing together. This would eliminate the problem of people having to carry around bowls, and restaurants having to wash bowls.[/quote]

Yes, ladies and gentlemen…that one zipped right over his head!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

Cummunal… isn’t that another name for bukkake?

[quote=“Gaijinian”] I have a pocket-sized pair that folds in, so it is easy to take with me.

[/quote]

we all have,mother nature was clever

:smiley:

[quote=“Tigerman”]

Cummunal… isn’t that another name for bukkake?[/quote]

A circle jerk??
Yes, now this is getting very confusing. But somehow fits in with the logic of how food is going to be served in the future here without disposable utensils.