Christian bakers (tentatively) win case

I had a thought from your thought. That would make a great TV show. Do it under cover to see how much attitudes have or haven’t changed in the north. It could be positively surprising or the opposite , I suspect somewhere in the middle.

1 Like

There would be some laughs along with the broken bones.

Seriously I suspect 95% would simply say piss off or laugh or say this is a wind-up , some may offer to make the cake without the slogan but I would want some backup for the 5% where things might go wrong.

(I would not eat that cake if it was made lol)

1 Like

Ha ha . Yeah, I think the "Piss off this is a wind up " would be the most likely, or “I will make the cake but put your own words on it.”

A few points.

1. At the time of the commission of the cake same sex marriage was illegal in Northern Ireland.
  2. Why does sexual orientation trump spiritual belief?
  3. Nobody has won anything. The man (Mr Lee) who commissioned the cake won his case AND an appeal. Then the decision was overturned. Now Mr Lee has appealed to the European court of human rights, who have rejected his case because he hasn’t exhausted all avenues with the UK courts.

Reading is an automatic skill. Tossing opinions about is an addiction.

Because everybody knows a man could be born a woman or vice-versa.

To say otherwise is the new blasphemy.

Out with the old blasphemy, and in with the new !

2 Likes

I hate to toss off an opinion but it’s all about precedent, isn’t it? Apologies to Godwin, but it would legally force a Jewish baker to bake a cake with a swastika on it.

1 Like

Just keep it away from the cake. :joy:

To me the parallel would be asking somebody who is anti drugs to make a cake saying, ‘support smoking weed,’ in a country where it’s illegal to smoke weed.

1 Like

Could a baker get sued if refusing to do that?

EDIT: I was referring to tossing off over a cake.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

It’s 5am in the UK. I’m 47. Currently on a farm in a converted pig stable. Listening to England getting crushed in the cricket. Discussing spunking on cakes in Northern Ireland. Have I finally jumped the shark?

2 Likes

Wash your mouth out with soap! We made over 200 and we avoided the follow on. “Crushed”? It’s a massive result.

2 Likes

Your delirium is infectious. :hugs:

1 Like

Pig stable ?

Research. I’m going to open a farm for people with learning difficulties. After this week, it’s not going to rear livestock for slaughter. I’m too squeamish. I’m happy to eat animals but killing them goes against my beliefs, I have discovered. I could keep a pig, but not kill it. It’s a bit like that cake. They would bake it, but not decorate it.

4 Likes

Pigs make nice pets , but they do bite hard at times.

1 Like

They are very intelligent. I was having quite a chat with one yesterday after two swans appeared in the yard. The pig definitely wanted to have an interaction with me about the swans. It understood turn taking in a conversation and shared eye gaze. Having worked with autistic children who can’t do this, I could see that me and the pig aren’t so very different.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know that feeling. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

@discobot fortune

1 Like

:crystal_ball: Yes

2 Likes

Just keep the shark away from the pig. :pig: :no_no: :shark:

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve adjusted the title.

1 Like