Christian Bale's new Movie..and what he did to get it

Just saw ‘The Machinist’ a psychological thriller with Christian Bale. No plot give aways here. But Christian lost a lot of weight to get this role…a lot…a lot, a lot.

Before:

And after:

machinistmovie.com/index2.html

Keep in mind that it was real…it was not special effects or camera effects…that was his real…body.

From IMDB:

My next diet to try. :smiley:

Well, I’m glad he got back in shape for Batman begins. I wasn’t sure on the timeline for The Machinist…it’s a pretty good movie btw. Thanks for finding that info for me Rascal.

In the extras for Batman Begins they said he buffed up A LOT, and some people didn’t believe he could do it. The film they said he was skinny before in must have been this one.

Thats right, I saw Machinist before Begins so it was cool to see how he changed. He is really a dedicated actor to want to do that. He is scary skinny in Machinist and pretty buff in Begins, I wish I was focused enough to do that.

Thats right, I saw Machinist before Begins so it was cool to see how he changed. He is really a dedicated actor to want to do that. He is scary skinny in Machinist and pretty buff in Begins, I wish I was focused enough to do that.[/quote]

Having a gym and personal trainer in your own home. As well as not having a job to go to daily might help…just a bit.

Thats right, I saw Machinist before Begins so it was cool to see how he changed. He is really a dedicated actor to want to do that. He is scary skinny in Machinist and pretty buff in Begins, I wish I was focused enough to do that.[/quote]

Having a gym and personal trainer in your own home. As well as not having a job to go to daily might help…just a bit.[/quote]

Thats probably true since currently I am working 4 hours a day and taking class for about 5 hours Monday - Saturday…