Christian-guy-totally-owns-mormons (video)

You get banned from forumosa. :slight_smile:[/quote]
:bravo: :notworthy:

No he questioned that one of the LDS dudes said that the people rejected Jesus which he replied that not all people rejected Jesus.

He said are we condemning Rome as a whole the or just the people who did not accept his message. It was questioning that the Dude with the glasses clearly stated that the people rejected Jesus.

Clearly you did not listen carefully

I suppose thatā€™s the ā€˜truthā€™ about religion; you either get it and have faith or donā€™t. Nobodyā€™s going to ā€˜talk you into itā€™. Without putting individuals down, the kids just donā€™t seem like much of an advertisement for any belief system or way of life. Not inspiring, or anything. It must be a very good experience for the kids, though, which makes it worthwhile, I guess.

Tomas, why have I met so many waiguo Mormons who saw the dark in Taiwan?

[quote=ā€œButtercupā€]I suppose thatā€™s the ā€˜truthā€™ about religion; you either get it and have faith or donā€™t. Nobodyā€™s going to ā€˜talk you into itā€™. Without putting individuals down, the kids just donā€™t seem like much of an advertisement for any belief system or way of life. Not inspiring, or anything. It must be a very good experience for the kids, though, which makes it worthwhile, I guess.

Tomas, why have I met so many waiguo Mormons who saw the dark in Taiwan?[/quote]

Maybe reality meets ideology :smiley: :smiley:

Or the POWER of PUSSY!

Why not? Iā€™m pretty sure at 19-20 years of age, I was capable of making decisions for myself as an adult. These guys are MEN. I donā€™t see why they shouldnā€™t be held accountable if they are being offensive.[/quote]

Yes boys of 17 and 18 and 19 go ut and fight warsā€¦ these arenā€™t kids. These two lads just picked on the wrong black dude ( prolly assumed he aint no christian bible reading Morman stalking preacher )

But yes if they must go out and do their jobs then the LDS church has a lot to answer for by sending out weeds ready to be chewed up and spat out.

The Mormons believe that the Constitution of the United States is directly inspired by God then how do they explain the repeal of the Volstead act and the 21st amendment?

Drink up!

Maybe the dude in the video knew that black people werenā€™t allowed into Mormon heavan up until a few years ago.

At least they arenā€™t suicide bombers on those bicycles.

[quote=ā€œBubba 2 Gunsā€] Maybe the dude in the video knew that black people werenā€™t allowed into Mormon heavan up until a few years ago.

At least they arenā€™t suicide bombers on those bicycles.[/quote]

Those two dolts are not smart enough to be suicie bombers.

I bet they didnā€™t do any more raids on black dudes without an elder tagging along in future.

I agree completely. He was a bullyā€¦and a racist, anti-Semitic bully at that. At the end of the video he refers to ā€œIsraelitesā€ as the anti-Christ and calls the Mormons ā€œwhite boys.ā€

Iā€™m speculating here, but it seems to me that the man in the video was coached for that encounter. Itā€™s possible he sits around memorizing chapter and verse for whatever occasion arises, but it seemed a bit convenient that he had just the right Bible quotes on hand. Itā€™s likely that he belongs to an evangelical Protestant sect, possibly one that has been hit hard by Mormon missionary activities. It makes sense that churches who are losing members to the LDS movement would try and strike back. Not by converting Mormons to their own sects, as Iā€™m sure thatā€™s rare, but by preparing their own members for encounters with Mormons.

Missionaries of a different hue come knocking on my door every couple of months. Theyā€™re not Mormons, theyā€™re Protestants, usually Baptists or Church of Christā€™ers. Strangely, they donā€™t really seem interested in talking about God. They usually just assume Iā€™m Christian and want to know if Iā€™d be interested in attending their particular church. They act more like theyā€™re on a membership drive than a mission. I have more respect for the Mormons, who act like theyā€™re part of a religious movement, not a social club. Not that I see any Mormons around here though. I live in the heart of the Bible Belt.

Yep. Camera was on, argument was prepared. The guy was lying in wait and he pounced.

[quote=ā€œButtercupā€]

Tomas, why have I met so many waiguo Mormons who saw the dark in Taiwan?[/quote]

I dunno. I was already a non-Moā€™ when I moved to Taiwan. I can think of two possibilities:

1. Much of the fun in being a Mormon comes from the sense of community you feel. You grow up surrounded by ā€œbrothers and sisters,ā€ cared for by a large group of sincere people. Come to Taiwan, and you probably donā€™t fit in too well. It sure isnā€™t like it was back home anyway. Thereā€™s also no pressure to do the right thing, and some folks will experience a values adjustment when nobodyā€™s watching.

2. The personality type that drives someone to want to live abroad is the same personality type that tends to go its own way religiously. Away from home, the active Moā€™ becomes a not so active Moā€™ because, well, nobody back home knows the better.

Iā€™m just guessing. I donā€™t know any Mormons in Taiwan.

Me, I left about three years before I moved to Taiwan. I left because I just didnā€™t believe in it anymore. No bitterness, no regrets. I just grew out of it I guess.

About a year after Iā€™d left, I tried my first beer, a bud light. In retrospect, a very poor choice, but what did I know then?

When I was 20 I used to love nothing more than inviting the Jehovahā€™s Witnesses or the Mormons or whoever came knocking on the door in for a cup of tea and then owning their asses like that. Itā€™s not sporting. If youā€™re still doing that at 30 youā€™ve missed on a few important lessons in life.

Just out of curiosity, why are we (on this board) so interested in Mormons? Weā€™ve had several threads devoted to them, with LOTS of participation, but nothing really about Buddhism, Taoism, the Chinese folk religion, or even plain old Presbyterianism.

Is it the clean-cut image, or the fact that the Taoists donā€™t come to your door? (Although around New Years I did get a guy trying to sell me incense for doing bai-bai.) Or are people offended because they claim to be Christians, when in reality they areā€¦well, whatever the other thread finally decides?

I like Mormons, but I also like making fun of Mormons, so no big deal either way for me.

Whereā€™s the love? Seriously, love for your neighbor is supposed to be a big part of Christianity, right? If the black guy is really witnessing, heā€™s doing a lousy job. His arguments arenā€™t particularly profound, just forceful. He doesnā€™t really care about the arguments from the other side - heā€™s just showboating and being mean - not a great example of the faith.

He should have offered to go to their church if theyā€™d come to his.

Isnā€™t the standard King James version entirely a paraphrase, rewritten to suit His misogynistic needs?

Just askingā€¦

I agree completely. He was a bullyā€¦and a racist, anti-Semitic bully at that. At the end of the video he refers to ā€œIsraelitesā€ as the anti-Christ and calls the Mormons ā€œwhite boys.ā€

Iā€™m speculating here, but it seems to me that the man in the video was coached for that encounter. .[/quote]

I called them black dudes does that make me a racist? He wasnt being racist he was just having fun. Sure you can say he mocked those two lads who got angry. But all in all it was just an encounter that left two white boys on their bicycles with something to think about.

SO that black dude quoting the bible about the israelites makes him anti semiticā€¦ well well well well, which religions do not attack othersā€¦ infidels, heathens, pagans, israelites,

He bullied them, if you say so. Seems he has run into dudes on bicycles more than once. Heā€™s better rehearsed than they were, and that is where their fault lies. They shoulda been better prepared if they going to go out and spread the book of mormon.

Probably because of their visibility here in TW - theyā€™re distinctive in their dress and mode of conduct so they truly stand out from the crowd, theyā€™re common enough to be a noticeable presence yet rare enough not to blend into the background noise. And yes, they accost people on the street or at their door. Plus, their beliefs are quite unusual compared to, say, Presbyterianism.

Not sure if he sat around memorizing them, but he was definitely instructed on what to say. When I was living down in NC I had a number of my friends come up to me with a puzzled look and start to ask me if I believed X or Y. Sometimes X or Y would be pretty much true, sometimes it would be distorted, and sometimes outright false. And Iā€™d ask why they wanted to know that. Then Iā€™d get the response that they had heard a sermon the previous Sunday on why Mormons were not Christian and how to respond to them. One preacher said if you take their book youā€™re going to hell. :s

So, thereā€™s definitely some coaching going on.

[quote=ā€œToe Saveā€]Isnā€™t the standard King James version entirely a paraphrase, rewritten to suit His misogynistic needs?

Just askingā€¦[/quote]
No, the KJV is actually a relatively good translation. It was the work of top scholars of the day. Since then there have been better translations that have come out, and modern versions donā€™t have the archaic sound to them. As for the translators injecting some of their own views based on prevailing attitudes, perhaps, but it would be very limited in scope.

Just watched the video. Pretty funny.

You get banned from forumosa. :slight_smile:[/quote]
:bravo: :notworthy:[/quote]
Iā€™ve never seen that happen.