Christianity and Yoga

If Satan is like Lucifer on TV, he’s a helluva guy. Like Will Smith but without the Jada baggage. I bet Lucifer is the lucky guy that will be in Willow’s throuple.

Lucifer is edgy and interesting. Satan is just kind of an all-around dick.

Anton LaVey never entirely appreciated the distinction.

Mr La Vey was a highly intelligent man in my opinion. La Veyan Satanism will just lead to unhappiness though. His thoughts had logic and rationale but the final destination is suicide , depression and death. That is his legacy

He shoulda tried yoga.

“Yoga: A religion for sex addicts”:

And the related forum thread, where kayfabe is maintained:

Some guy at the Elephant Journal misapprehends the (ahem) nature of Landover Baptist Church:

I once saw a book with a title like “Yoga for Christians”. It basically gave a list of poses and a different prayer to say or verse to contemplate while holding each one.

Wonder what it says to pray about during the downward dog.

1 Like

Yoga can be really beneficial. A lot of athletes do yoga now, NBA, NFL, UFC, MLB, PGA. It will help improve flexibility and mobility. Help recovery and lessen pain. It can also help decrease the chance of injury.

I used to play golf with my friend and his dad. His dad was around mid 50s and when I started playing with him, he really didn’t have much power. He probably drove the ball 240 yards. He started to do yoga and his hips was able to rotate way more. Started to drive the ball 280-290 which is impressive for a 50 something year old. I played for my school varsity team and drove the ball 290-310 to put it in perspective.

Pray that you don’t fart in front of the whole yoga class?

2 Likes

Like I said. I wish life were so interesting.

22 posts were split to a new topic: Christianity and Satanism

Yoga is a pagan ritual that involves worshipping Hindu Gods. It may seem innocent enough but if your chakras like up precisely, you stand a good likelihood of having one of these gods invade your body and decide to align forces with the devil himself and the next thing you know, you’ll be watching reality TV and sharing Buzzfeed articles and eating the gluten and saying things like ‘happy holidays’. User beware.

3 Likes

62 posts were split to a new topic: Christianity chatter

If God doesn’t want you in that pose, you wouldn’t be able to stretch it that far anyway.

1 Like

Ever heard of free choice ?

I thought free choice is about making decisions, not how far your ligaments can stretch.

That wasn’t what you originally said. Anyway to address this new point, the original question was not about stretching it was about practicing Yoga. If your idea of Yoga is just stretching then great I’ve nothing to add.

like others have said before, yoga is only a tool. I mean it probably existed in pre-vedic India, so to say any kind of religious meaning you think is at the core of yoga today, probably wasn’t a part of yoga during “pre-vedic” period. Many different groups have tried to make yoga their own, and incorporate their ideology into yoga.

Pretending that doing the poses themsevles is “religious”, without actually practicing the religious flavor attached to it, seems over-dramatic.

1 Like

Yoga-as-exercise is very much a product of turn-of-the-century Indian nationalism. Something called “yoga” existed from ancient times, but primarily consisted of seated mediation (asana means “seat”). Buddhism and Jainism also have something they call “yoga.”

1 Like