Christianity chatter

Do you have a reading disability? Jesus was crucified and died. Others in on the plan faked the resurrection.

So he just lied about being the son of god to Everyone he came across. Ok, sounds like a nice guy.

Take it down a notch lol, if you don’t like being questioned don’t post.

No need to get personal. Where’s your historical evidence then we discuss so far the historical evidence is counter to yours and firmly in favor of the resurrection having happened. I stress historical evidence not scientific.

Historical evidence is nothing. Only science matters. Who can verify the accuracy of the distant past without science?

Of course he lied about being the son of god. It’s a good way to give your teachings credibility.

I don’t mind having my posts questioned. I mind when my posted are incorrectly misconstrued in what looks like a deliberate way.

Deliberately?

This is exactly what you posted. He and His (Jesus) is the only noun you used. It seems reasonable to assume you meant Jesus faked his own resurrection. Maybe work on your writing instead of asking me if I have a reading issue.

Again? This seems quite deliberate. You need to keep the prior posts in mind when reading subsequent posts. Why pick out one post in the middle of the discussion and twist it to fit your agenda? Are you that set on defending the joke of Christianity?

Because I asked you a question and that’s what you directly responded with as your answer. Don’t act like I took some random post. It’s what you said to me and that’s why I asked you about it.

OK, sorry for any misunderstanding. I thought everyone participating in the thread was aware of my view that people without extreme power wishing to change the balance of power fueled the fire of a common charlatan who was amassing a decent sized following. Just think if David Blaine were alive then. He would have been made emperor. Jesus was the David Blaine of the time and some smart people tried to use that to their advantage.

1 Like

I don’t agree with this, but you’re welcome to voice this view here like anyone else. I don’t think we can have much of a productive conversation on this particular subject due to our own personal convictions. Which is fine. I’m sure we can have other conversations about other things.

I guess what I found humorous was saying Jesus was a nice guy but also saying he went around lying he was the son of god. That’s all. It just seems like if that’s the case, Jesus was kind of a asshole don’t you think?

Are you really saying that before the scientific method came along all historical evidence is nothing? You might want to think twice about that statement "Historical Evidence is nothing ".
:rofl:

Are you an asshole if you say your wife doesn’t look fat in those jeans? The greater good is sometimes more important. Jesus had a good message, and using direct relation to a supreme power to help get that across was effective.

Ultimately religion is about belief - history is relevant in retrospect, but not really important to the people practising the religion. Some people wish to have their beliefs expanded and others wish to have them reflected back to them. People have to get something from the religion they practise, even if it is just certainty in an uncertain world. I think the biggest problem is that intellectual / rational people often have problems with the belief side of things and like to paint it as superstition, rather than something they don’t/ can’t understand.

No, but lying about being fat is not really the same kind of lie as telling people you are God. It’s kind of a crazy thing to claim, I guess another option is Jesus was delusional and had some kind of mental illness.

If you believe it, it’s definitely more convincing.

Nothing wrong or unusual about being good, smart and tricky at the same time though.

Yeah, they totally conquered Palestine right after that.

Seriously. None of this even passes the horselaugh test.

1 Like

You’re welcome to disagree. No major organized religion ever passed the horselaugh test. But I think it’s much more logical that some group decided to piggyback on Jesus to further their own agenda just like every other charlatan worshipped in any other religion had some group piggyback on them, even if they had their own hidden agenda.

Well, thank you. I believe I will.

There were magicians back then.

I did. It was silly and over simplified. :idunno:

1 Like

For starters, Jesus was not a nice guy. That’s some high grade ignorance right there.

1 Like