Christians In Taiwan

Are my brothers out there? Everyone I meet seems to hate the Gospel.

Love and kindness

• Me

Try church.

• Me

Try this thread for churches.

forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=2451

[quote=“Reno ROC”]Are my brothers out there? Everyone I meet seems to hate the Gospel.

Love and kindness

• Me[/quote]

Let’s go out an sacrifice a goat tonite. :smiling_imp:

[color=red]Satan rules![/color]

I’d like to stand up and be counted although this thread sounds like a troll.

Me too.

Praise the Lord…Halleluyah…

ax

Why does it seem like a troll? Seems normal to me.

Reno ROC, more power to you. I like a lot of what JC taught, and he was one of the most effective and cool of all the rebels in history. The only downside to being a rebel, of course, is that people sometimes kill you for being so iconoclastic.

I see lots of people wearing crosses around Taipei. I wonder if they are really Christians, or if it is just a fashion statement.

When the roll is called on forumosa, count me in! I’m not a brother, but I am your sister. :smiley:

Why does it seem like a troll? Seems normal to me.

Reno ROC, more power to you. I like a lot of what JC taught, and he was one of the most effective and cool of all the rebels in history. The only downside to being a rebel, of course, is that people sometimes kill you for being so iconoclastic.

I see lots of people wearing crosses around Taipei. I wonder if they are really Christians, or if it is just a fashion statement.[/quote]

It just sounded like one of those set me up posts. I think it was the Love and Kindness bit. I remember reading a thread about some guy looking for a dinner companion and then the thread got all changed around and was a big joke on all those who responded.

Help!

Where is a good Church in Taichung?
You know a more, for want of a better word, Pentecostal, type.

I stand up for everyone, all beliefs. They all deserve our respect.

But, pal, in the end, there is a difference between reality and superstition. For those who need superstition to calm their frazzled nerve, may it work for them. My GF believes in all kinds of hocus pocus and more power to her, I still love her!

But just know, too, that those of us who have moved on to a higher level of conciousness, we are not anti-God or anti-Jesus or anti-you, we are just aware that the inherited beliefs of our ancestors no longer hold water in this postmodern post-superstition world. We are not superior to you, nor are you superior to us. We just hold different beliefs. Respect us as we respect you, and know that we are not infidels. We are infinites!

Nonsense. When the Mormons ring my bell once a month they are not respecting my beliefs. Looking at the historical legacy Christianity has left around the world, it’s difficult not to see it as an agressive and morally superior cancer on humanity.

[quote=“formosa”]I stand up for everyone, all beliefs. They all deserve our respect.

…But just know, too, that those of us who have moved on to a higher level of conciousness, we are not anti-God or anti-Jesus or anti-you, we are just aware that the inherited beliefs of our ancestors no longer hold water in this postmodern post-superstition world. We are not superior to you, nor are you superior to us. We just hold different beliefs. Respect us as we respect you, and know that we are not infidels. We are infinites![/quote]

You say you have a higher level of conciousness and then go on to say that you don’t feel superior. Sounds strange. And you say that we have inherited beliefs that no longer hold water… if that is not saying that what you believe is not superior I don’t know what is.

I respect your right to believe whatever you want, that is your choice, a choice that I choose not to make. None are so blind as those who refuse to see and yet you eagerly jump into this conversation which, in your own confession, holds no concern for you.

You are not so tolerant as you think Ke. On the planet where formosa is from, it is a key religious practice to, as you put it, “jump into” issues of no concern of the one doing the jumping. Please try to be more tolerant.

PS. Formosa, Blrxtrn8 called from planet Gglrrxx and said to bring some llpplstrx as next week’s sacrifice. And if you have extra room in your space ship, they’d like some kimchi, too.

Nonsense. When the Mormons ring my bell once a month they are not respecting my beliefs. Looking at the historical legacy Christianity has left around the world, it’s difficult not to see it as an agressive and morally superior cancer on humanity.[/quote]

The kids knocking on your door probably change locations every month or two, and don’t realize you’re on the “do not call” list. That is an organizational problem, not the fault of the boys knocking on your door, but one that they should take responsibilty for. Next time they show up, tell them to inform the mission immediately that you never want to be visited again. They should leave you alone after that. It’s policy not to bother people who request not to be bothered.

[quote=“Reno ROC”]Are my brothers out there? Everyone I meet seems to hate the Gospel.
[/quote]

Didn’t Jesus consider all men his brothers? :unamused:

There are lots of Christians here. I heard 5 %, but I have no idea what that number represents. Anyway, Taipei at least has got whatever flavor you could possibly want, with the possible exception of Swedenborgianism. Language is a bit dicier but English would still get you at least a dozen denominations, representing the whole range of Christian expression.

Personally, I was raised Christian (which makes me Christian in the eyes of people in many parts of the world) but drifted away from it as a teenager. So I guess that makes me an estranged brother–a prodigal, if you will, still bent on slopping the hogs!

Oh yes–how come everybody bitches about the Mormons? Is it really because they knock on your door, or is it just the idea? Hmmm, maybe people FEAR the missionaries because they secrety DESIRE to convert…! (Where’s a French postmodern critic when you need one?)

Love and kindness

• Me[/quote]

I don’t think people “hate” the Gospel. I think they dislike having it misinterpreted and then shoved down their throats.

[quote=“tigerman”][quote=“Reno ROC”]Are my brothers out there? Everyone I meet seems to hate the Gospel.
[/quote]

Didn’t Jesus consider all men his brothers? :unamused:[/quote]

Apparently not. He also " hates fags," according to some. (re: The recent appointment of an openly gay Bishop.)

:unamused:

A lot of non-Christians act toward Christians in the same way that non-vegetarians act toward vegetarians. I have a friend who is vegetarian, and who pushes it on no one. He told me that many non-vegetarians assume get their backs up about his eating preferences, and I have witnessed the truth of this several times. It goes something like this:

“Aren’t you going to eat meat?”
“No, I don’t want any.”
“What, are you a vegetarian?”
“I just don’t like meat.”
“Oh, so you don’t think anyone should eat it.”
Etc.

I see the same thing happen with non-Christians getting their backs up, always with the same “those Christians are trying to cram their religion down our throats.” Wrong. I know lots of people who I only later found out were quite devoted Christians. And there are lots of people out there cramming or trying to cram all kind of nonsense down people’s throats (just check the Open Forum).