Christmas cards?

Hi,

Last year, the chain grocery store in my neighborhood (not Wellcome) sold boxes of 10 or 20 Christmas cards with envelopes, like you’d find in most stores in the U.S. This year, they have nothing and when asked, are saying, “Christmas cards, what’s that?”

Does anyone know where in Taipei an ordinary box of Christmas cards can be found? A few sources might be nice.

Thanks.

I get mine at Costco in Neihu.

Damn! I was just there a week ago. :frowning: Thanks for the tip.

Other places?

Any book store also sells Western-style and Chinese-style cards, think Eslite (B2 at the Dunhua South Rd store), Hess, Kingstone.
The street with the largest concentration of book stores is Chongqing South Road, between the Presidential Office and Taipei Railway Station.

[quote=“enzo+”]Any book store also sells Western-style and Chinese-style cards, think Eslite (B2 at the Dunhua South Rd store), Hess, Kingstone.
The street with the largest concentration of book stores is Chongqing South Road, between the Presidential Office and Taipei Railway Station.[/quote]
Book stores normally have individual cards. Do they also have cards by the box?

The basement (B2, music floor) of Eslite’s main store on Dunhua South Rd. has an entire exhibition room dedicated to Christmas cards and new year’s calendars right now…

I personally get quite a kick picking out individual cards. Then again, I’m a sucker for paper products.

[quote=“menghsindy”]The basement (B2, music floor) of Eslite’s main store on Dunhua South Rd. has an entire exhibition room dedicated to Christmas cards and new year’s calendars right now…

I personally get quite a kick picking out individual cards. Then again, I’m a sucker for paper products.[/quote]

I buy birthday cards at the stationary shop down there. They have a decent selection and I can usually find at least one with a greeting that is at least semi-relevant to the person I am sending it to. But at $70 a pop, I doubt that seeker4 will find that very useful; buying even 10 of them would cost a pretty small fortune, considering we’re talking about greeting cards. :idunno:

Menghsindy, do they sell them by the box or in bulk, as well? The one’s at Costco are fine, but selection is limited to about four or five different choices.

70NT$?? I get mine for 10NT$ to 15NT$ (at a place called Kids Kingdom, beside Kunyang MRT Station (not very convenient for Seeker4, I know)). Don’t know if they have boxes, btw.

Nice cards though, sort of pop-up.

[quote=“irishstu”]70NT$?? I get mine for 10NT$ to 15NT$ (at a place called Kids Kingdom, beside Kunyang MRT Station (not very convenient for Seeker4, I know)). Don’t know if they have boxes, btw.

Nice cards though, sort of pop-up.[/quote]

Yeah…but they’re like Carlton and Hallmark and all that… :blush:

Hallmark smallmark.

Seriously, these 15NT$ ones are really nice.

Bloody Christmas card snobs. :wink:

[quote=“irishstu”]Hallmark smallmark.

Seriously, these 15NT$ ones are really nice.

Bloody Christmas card snobs. :wink:[/quote]

As long as it doesn’t say something like:“To knowing you that Chrissymas be happy, is filling my consciousness with the big, big joy!” or something equally off, it’s alright by me. Kid’s Kingdom, Kunyang MRT; thanks for the tip! :wink:

why didn’t you say something before happy hour we bought a bunch of cards but now i am too lazy to mail them. hm, maybe i should mail them all to you.

I saw quite a few boxed sets – I didn’t notice how many, since I prefer to buy mine individually. Yes, they do have some fancy ones that go for 70-180NT apiece, but most of the stack I picked up was about 20NT apiece. Plus Eslite membership discount. :sunglasses:

I also noticed a different selection of cards at the Minsheng/Fuxing Eslite … they seemed to have a larger selection of cheaper ones printed by Season Paper & Gift Co. (about 16NT each but they’ve got all sorts of cutesey/3D/embossed/elaborately decorated cards, minimal Chinglish… one of my favorite card companies here). Which makes me wonder if different Eslites have different themes going on, depending on the store…

I like to send small and simple Christmas cards - partly because they are light enough to send by airmail at the basic greeting card rate (cheaper than a letter but you mustn’t seal the envelope.) I always used to buy them for NT$10 or 15 each in the upstairs mall in Taibei Main Station, but it is closed now. I tried the underground mall near the station but couldn’t find the kind of cards I want. Any sightings? I need to get my cards bought, written and sent within the next few days.

p.s. Check out page 17 of the “where can I find” forum for other Xmas items.

p.p.s. There is no apostrophe in Xmas - spread the word!

There is a very nice lady making Christmas cards, premade or to order, she also does custom orders for other cards. Here are some examples:

http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sueyee1212/album?.dir=/18a2scd

mobile is 09-58058525, mirjam_schaefer@hotmail.com.

Sogo- They have boxes and $10nt individual cards. The floor with the bookstore

Go get your Christmas cards now for sending abroad!

The bookshop over the road from Fuzhong MRT Station in Banqiao had some good and cheap ones last year.

Does anyone know anywhere that does charity Christmas cards?

A few years ago someone told there was either a school or a church on Zhongshan N Rd that sold charity Christmas cards, but I never checked it out and can’t remember now.

Any ideas?