Christmas Crackers

Can anyone help by letting me know a few possible stores in Taipei that I could buy a box of Christmas crackers?
Thanks,
Stevie

Like decorated gingerbread men or gingerbread in other Xmas shapes, or what? Segovia’s Kitchen will be selling homemade cookie assortments (choc. chip, fudgy dark chip, oatmeal spice, etc.) in Xmas packaging (with organic fair-trade cocoa, organic oats, organic flour, gourmet-quality Belgian 60% chocolate chips, etc.); as well as real gingerbread men, gingerbread Christmas trees, etc. – using organic flour, real imported French butter and American light molasses, and all-natural food colors made from food items (e.g. cocoa powder for brown, and reduced beet juice for red). No cheap fillers or hydrogenated oils. Sugar levels are moderately reduced for a more adult flavor. Freshly made cookies are available for pickup in Neihu and can also be shipped by courier. Special orders (e.g. gluten-free, extra low sugar, no nuts, etc.) are taken. Organic cranberry brownies are also available. There are also some of these cookies and brownies on the shelf daily at and at Encore in the Yongkang St. area, (the selection varies, and is best Tues. eve. through Wed.). Order early, as there is often a waiting list.

Christmas crackers are not edible, they are a party favor (in US parlance) that contain a thing that goes CRACK or POP and a paper hat and a trinket/toy and often a printed slip with a really lame joke.

Hard to make, hard to post as they contain a mini explosive (the POP). Pulled apart much like a wishbone, they are de riguer for kids at Christmas in “civilised” countries!

:laughing: Had me fooled!

[quote=“urodacus”]Christmas crackers are not edible, they are a party favor (in US parlance) that contain a thing that goes CRACK or POP and a paper hat and a trinket/toy and often a printed slip with a really lame joke.

Hard to make, hard to post as they contain a mini explosive (the POP). Pulled apart much like a wishbone, they are de riguer for kids at Christmas in “civilised” countries!

[/quote]

Wow. I had no idea. The civilized give their children explosives at the holidays.

Christmas Cracker. I like it. Here in Arkansas it sounds like it might be slang for Santa.

I didn’t know either, had to look it up. I was imagining a green and red saltine or something, which didn’t seem quite possible.

I’d look around Chang-An West Rd behind the train station. If anywhere, there.

I just looked this up on Amazon. I now feel slightly giddy with anticipatory joy at the thought of what fun these would be. I think I will surprise my little man with these.

Sometimes you just learn the neatest things that you didn’t know you didn’t know from this site. One more reason to love Forumosa. :smiley:

If I remember correctly they are also a bit like wishbones in that if you let the other guy pull and you will ‘win’.

You both pull and the paper tears at one or other of the narrow parts. Whoever gets the biggest half wins, and also gets to smell the after effects of the ‘bang’. Or maybe that’s just me. They contain a silly hat, a joke and a novelty toy of some kind.

I’ve never seen them here. Had a look in Costco yesterday but no joy. :frowning:

I always thought Uro was Australian. :neutral:

Like I said, Man of Zen, “civilised countries”. Notice that I did, in fact, spell it with an ‘s’.

:slight_smile:

I, for one, welcome our new Christmas cracker overlords.

For the Christmas cracker virgins, you can see them being pulled at about 34 mins:

[quote=“Petrichor”]For the Christmas cracker virgins, you can see them being pulled at about 34 mins:

[/quote]

I miss QI and Christmas Crackers. I have “pulled” a few as they say. :cry:

[quote=“shiadoa”]

I miss QI and Christmas Crackers. I have “pulled” a few as they say. :cry:[/quote]

Me too. I brought some with us last year but haven’t got any this year. I used to buy the posh ones cheap in the January sales and save them till next Christmas.

There’s usually a way to watch telly favourites, though.

Hong kong has them - heritage of the Brits - maybe even available in M& S
But never seen in Taiwan. Might be a good idea for next year novity import :thumbsup:

Hi guys sorry to reignite this post but any updates in regards to buying Christmas Crackers (non Edible) in Taiwan? i know HK you can buy them but you cannot bring them back on the plane with you as they are classed as a explosive!