Christmas presents for people who don't need stuff

Sounds better. Much better. Get a battery powered on though (rechargable), nothing is more annoying than those wires while cleaning …[/quote]

Rascal, appreciate the feedback. Where can I find one of these things locally? I saw one I liked at redenvelope.com but they don’t ship int’l.

:love:

I shipped them a thwack of DVDs today. Mostly classic films of those sets they sell at Costco. Do you realize those films are less than US $1.00 each? And they’re all region, so no matter what dvd player I buy them, they should be able to play them. (I hope!)

yeah i bought a bunch also from Welcome Mart. old stuff like Hitchcock, Pink Panther, Spaghetti Westerns, war movies, John Ford. the quality was decent and isn’t region coded.

the dvds showing HK movies are done terribly ie sound, visual quality.

these dvds are legal right?

From my understanding, Taiwan’s copyright law has a much shorter validity than most other countries, so the copyright on these classic movies has expired here. However, though they are legal here, they are unlicensed and thus are usually not legal in other countries where the copyright can last as long as 95 years.

From my understanding, Taiwan’s copyright law has a much shorter validity than most other countries, so the copyright on these classic movies has expired here. However, though they are legal here, they are unlicensed and thus are usually not legal in other countries where the copyright can last as long as 95 years.[/quote]

Friend of mine said when he’d shipped a box of DVDs to UK from HK, they taxed him. I’m trying to avoid that by disguising them as Xmas prezzies. (which they are essentially)
I hope they don’t decide to open that box with all the wrapped packs of them and charge my parents! :shock:

I ended up buying them TWO DVD players from Circuit City!!! They’re soooo cheap in the US now.

:smiley:

From my understanding, Taiwan’s copyright law has a much shorter validity than most other countries, so the copyright on these classic movies has expired here. However, though they are legal here, they are unlicensed and thus are usually not legal in other countries where the copyright can last as long as 95 years.[/quote]

come to think of it, if they are non-region-coded, it would seem to me to violate some term of licensing. I’m sure region coding would at a minimum be a requirement in any legal deal with movie companies.

Try the big deparment stores like Sogo and Mitsukoshi - or electrical stores (Daiichi etc.).

If you want to believe that - yes. :wink:

Here’s my presents to some of you.