Christmas tree

Hi. Does anyone want to get rid of their Christmas tree? Looking for a simple, cheap one, somewhere in Taipei/New Taipei.

Anyone doing Spring cleaning/getting new one/moving, and has extra ornaments or stuff they do not want/need, I can pick them up.

Wish you had told me a few months earlier! Mine lost all its needles in April, so I cut it into pieces and burned it in the grill.

3 Likes

I already throw away my plastic Christmas tree.

1 Like

RT Mart in Xindian have been selling off Christmas tree decorations for the past couple of month, they normally have discount bins out on Fri/Sat/Sun, no idea how much stuff is left.

1 Like

You can have my Xmas stuff … humbug :smirk: I left it stored with someone in changhua but I will ask for it back if you want it ?

1 Like

Thank you very much, I´d love it, but I know you will be using it soon, along with some eggnog and fruit cake.

Well, that was an ecological death, and it was not in vain. Much better than dumping it in the garbage.

It’s too early for this. But if you insist…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwCcVRH8idA

1 Like

Nope. In the old country, they already started decorating and the songs are playing in shopping centers.

1 Like

In Taiwan it’s Christmas year round …

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don´t. The only thing they haven´t started is tamales.

1 Like

Get one in Costco and return it on January for full refund!

are there someone doing this now in Taiwan? Or is this a some kind of idiom?

Isn’t it more of a Tres Reyes kind of thing, or have they been thoroughly American Christmasized?

Yep, most people do turkey now. But tamales area must for me… that reminds me…see TACO thread

RT Mart in Xindian (and maybe elsewhere) is trying desperately to dump their Christmas stock as usual, we picked up 3 of these guys at 99nt each, much larger ones are 1.99nt. Trees and decorations are discounted too if anyone is doing some very last minute decorating or prepping for next year.

3 Likes