Christmas Wish List

What does everyone want for Christmas? I’m not talking about peace on Earth or an end to world hunger… everyone wants that. Rather, I wanna know what material goods you would like to see under your tree this Christmas morning?

I want the following bottles of beer:

Smithwick’s Barley Wine
Dogfish Head Raison D’Etra
Borve Strong Scottish Ale
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Budejovicky Budvar
Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout
Young’s Double Chocolate Stout
Paulaner Salvator
Schneider Aventus Wheat Doppel
Guinness Stout
Negra Modelo
Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Aass Bok
Penn Pilsner
Broughton Old Jock Ale
Cascade Premium Lager
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
Samichlaus
Maclay Oatmeal Stout
St. Andrews Ale
Spitfire Ale
Broadside Pale Ale
Ch’ti Brune
Black Regent
Rogue Mocha Porter
Pete’s Wicked Ale
Celis White
Bigfoot Barley Wine
Traquair House Ale
Black Butte Porter
Jever Pilsner
Old Manor (Old Ale)
Thomas Hardy’s Ale
Shepherd Neame Original Porter
Macardles Ale
Wrasslers XXXX Stout
Porter House Oyster Stout
Emerson’s 1812 IPA
Dogfish Head World Wide Stout
Belzebuth
Old Knucklehead Barley Wine
Belhaven Wee Heavy Scottish Ale
Robinson’s Old Tom Strong Ale
Fish Tale Mud Shark Porter
Tomintoul Wild Cat
Schmaltz’s Alt
Orkney Skullsplitter Ale

Damn, I get so thirsty when thinking about beer!

Tigger-

Do I see a theme here??? Oh some Rouge Ales… oh how I miss them!

I want, um, ??? God I don’t know… that is the problem.

OK, an all expense paid, 2 week vacation to a tropical location of my choosing with cute cabana boys fetching me drinks in a coconut and fresh seafood on the grill…

You missed:
Big Lamp Blackout
Old Roger

and Miss Claus.

[quote=“Lump”]You missed:
Big Lamp Blackout
Old Roger[/quote]

Where are these from and what style are they?

A couple of cases of Pearl (a beer from Texas), a pound of Costco Pepper Cheese, AC/DC’s “Highway to Hell” and 50,000 dollars (US). We Americans are such simple people. :smiley:

Britain.
BLB - light in colour, mead-ish, heavy honey-like sweetness, v strong
OR - Dark ruby red, bitter with a slightly sweet edge, OG 1080

Miss Claus… also v sweet, but bitter

I’m leaving for California on Friday and was just starting my list of goods to bring back to Taiwan. Cheese is definitely on the list. I’d love to bring some of California’s other fine agricultural products but it’s not worth the risk. But now that you mention it, Tigerman, some good beers might be worth the hassle. The big items on my wish list, though, are a new computer and ADSL, that I’ll get upon return.

Hey MT,

have a good trip,

a

I ALWAYS bring beer back to Taiwan from anywhere I go. I have never had a problem coming in, even with 12 bottles of different brews.

Its definitely worth the hassle! :smiley:

[quote=“Lump”]Britain.
BLB - light in colour, mead-ish, heavy honey-like sweetness, v strong
OR - Dark ruby red, bitter with a slightly sweet edge, OG 1080[/quote]

Well, then. Let’s add 'em to the wish list!

Have an enjoyable and safe trip.

Peace.

Thanks. I waffled on making the trip but it’s my folks 50th anniversary, so I’ve definitely got to go. Plus it’s always great breathing fresh air, seeing beautiful forests and ocean, and recharging one’s battery periodically.

As for the hassle of transporting beer, I was referring only to the weight and possibility of breakage, but I guess that’s not such a big deal. I’ll contact you Tiger upon my return.

Yeah, go celebrate with your folks. I’m sure you’ll all have a great time. You mentioned that you will be starting a new job soon… so you guys should have lot’s to celebrate. Enjoy!

I always put it in my carry-on. It is heavy… but knowing I cannot get it here in Taiwan, I bear the load, happily.

I’ll look forward to that… and we’ll drink to your return! :wink: Actually, I’m planning a trip to Hong Kong for sometime in the early part of the new year. I’ll be drinking beer there and bringing back beer then too. maybe we could organize a tasting session.

Two cans, per man, per day, perhaps. Vic Bitter.

A skimpy little Miss Claus outfit - Not for myself - it’s better to give than to receive. HE HE HE :smiling_imp:

Does anyone know where I can buy an Elf (sp) costume for the missus? Would love to be more giving myself :wink:, and just the reindeer horns alone don’t do enough. And anyway, if anyone should have a horn, well, …

Somebody always goes too far and tells us more than we need to know.

Way tooooooooo much information

MT,

Have a great trip, hope your parent’s 50th is a blast… and when you get back lets go to lunch…

Kristy

Forget the missus and get a REAL elf! :laughing:

Click here

I don’t dare to even contemplate coming in on this one. I wouldn’t want to outrage public morals and risk being air-brushed.