Christmastide in Taiwan

The more traditional churches often have them. The Taiwan Presbyterian Church for example have choirs. But remember in Taiwan churches struggle. The donation all churches in Taiwan gets in a year is probably what the average temple gets in a month. As far as religious organizations goes churches are like a mouse here.

There are some really popular mega churches for young families now. They have a lot of money. And to be fair they do a lot of social things .

What does choirs have anything to do with donation? Church choirs never get paid anyways. The lack of donation is because the churches here are self-centered, self-serving, they don’t reach out to communities.
Of course it doesn’t help when the people here see religion as a way of personal gain. People go to temples to pray for fortune, health, marriage, exams etc, not for peace, love or humanity. That’s why temples attract.

2 Likes

Are you me or am I you?

And join Churches to network their business. And have Christmas parties.

4 Likes

Absolutely, for business networking, selling insurance policies, selling real estate, selling flowers, selling cakes, repair/cleaning/remodeling the building, get a piece of the church funding for any reason. All kinds of reasons OTHER THAN worships and fellowships.

2 Likes

They don’t do a lot of charity anyway, except for the Catholic Church.

They buy private jets, to spread god’s word faster.

1 Like

you forgot about blowing COVID away! They blow COVID away!!

Great, wish there is more of this

2 Likes

Euro market is worth going too. Went tonight. I enjoyed it. Took the sting out of not being able to go home a bit

2 Likes

About what percentage of the vendors were Taiwanese (as in, making the place another night market)? I was thinking about going, but I want mulled wine and handcrafted ornaments to browse, not bubble tea and Taobao garbage

No Taiwanese stuff. Theres a couple places doing mulled wine. Some french pastries and sandwiches. Different beer stalls etc. It was very Euroopean, which is what I liked about it.

6 Likes

Hit up aboriginal churches. They are normally FAR more musical. Just depends how race sensitive you or your partner/family are. Otherwise, choir away in complete bliss with them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aint nuthin free in this world brother. Nuthin. At least the laws of nutrition are fairly consistent :wink: when it comes to social whatevers, forget about it.

Sales tax 5% plus income tax
Church tax 10% plus donations & money laundering
Temples 0% tax plus cultural fear & donations/money laundering

Common sense: pay the minimum without getting your skull busted or thrown in a cage and understand they are all the same type of gangster with a different story. Regardless of what one may believe in.

Spend your charity in ways you are educated in rather than just throwing it at other people you are not truly deeply involved with. Probably spending your charity on less pollution, less slave labor, less waste etc is far more (good) god obeying than organizations trying to expand their propaganda or causing detriment to others…

1 Like

Agree with this!

We have been to the famous Christmas mass in Pingdong. It’s pretty special as far as these things go in Taiwan.

I dont understand your race comment ,nor do I care for it.

Dunno if you guys have been to but the area around Xinyi Stations/Bellavista, Shinkong A12 is lovely, lots of Christmas spirit.

Uh, what the hell? He’s saying aboriginal services are generally more musical. How is that racist??