Chromecast with Google TV (Chomecast 4th Gen)

Anyone successfully got the MOD App running on their Chromecast? I don’t have MOD, but a friend has and I am just wondering whether there might be a possibility to get it working.

It’s not on the official Google TV App Store, but you could side load it with the APK. No guarantee it will work with the remote though. Worst case you’d need to use a Bluetooth mouse.

Can you send a link to the APK?

MOD app? Is that an app can use on computer or phone to watch my MOD?

Why need MOD on Chromecast if MOD is right there on the TV?

1 Like

Of course. Just share the APKMIRROR link.

It’s actually 1.9 K NT$ for a 4K device.

1 Like

I meant price not resolution.

Guanghua does stock them now, I’ve seen them recently and they were quite overpriced. I bought mine from a seller on Facebook for about 10% over US MSRP.

That’s a price in NT$

Ok, nice chatting with you I guess

Just check out the store page. Unlike over a year ago, it is sold directly from Google.

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_google_tv?hl=zh-TW

Btw. they will have a singles day offer:

Get a free Chromecast with the purchase of a Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 Pro
Chromecast (supports Google TV, HD) worth NT$1,199

2 Likes

oh btw, should mention that my chromecast broke a few months ago. First the remote broke, and then the whole unit just stopped working.

Got an Apple TV in the end and it’s amazing

I’m still enjoying my Google TV Chromecast.

All the services like Disney and Netflix are available and I especially like the YouTube integration for watching YouTube videos or my own stuff that I have on youtube.

I also love the ambient screen where you can watch these beautiful pictures from all over the world or your own pictures or maybe just a video of a fireplace.

2 Likes

[super late response, but] you can just run a vpn app on it. No prohibitions requiring more involved workarounds like vpn on the router (like with a roku).

1 Like

My daughter recently learned how to crawl and stand up, and whenever ambient mode shows a photo of her, she’d crawl right up to the TV and stand up to look at her own photo. Have to pull her back so she don’t ruin her eyes by standing that close to the TV.

1 Like

They have a ton of VPN apps in the Google Playstore.

But sadly not every app is made for Chromecast. There are many apps but not all that are available on your phone or table.