Chunghwa Hinet contract cancelation penalty?

Hi, my landlord signed a contract on my behalf with Hinet for one year of Internet service for my apartment. I need to move out sooner though so I wonder what penalty do they incur for canceling the contract? I can’t read Mandarin so was hoping maybe somebody here knows about that or could have a quick look on their site? Thanks.

I think it’s 500NT

That’d be nice but 500 seems a bit low. There’s a bit of a dispute going on with my landlord (I already paid for 12 months in advance) so I’d like to know for sure what the deal is.

I think it depends on how long you have left on your contract

We regularly break CHT contracts to buy new phones. You only pay the remaining difference. I suppose it might be the same with Internet. Only way to know is go to CHT office, not SENAO - Taiwanese people can get service in both but foreigners for some reason will get no fuss at CHT. The one at Gongguan I know has English speaking youngsters.

I gather from the text that the contract is under your landlord’s name, so it might be that only he can break it, but yes,it is better to crosscheck the amounts.

For landlord disputes remember there is www.tmm.org.tw

I

If it’s under the landlords name it’s not your problem but his. However if you prepaid 12 months then you ask him for the money back