Chunghwa postpaid roaming question

Hello all. So, I am abroad in Hong Kong with my CHT postpaid plan. I got the welcome roaming messages upon arrival, but I cannot make or receive calls. Nothing happens when I dial out and when another party dials my number they just get a disconnect tone.
One of the welcome messages states: Chunghwa Telecom’s roaming in Hong Kong is super convenient! Apply in one of the following ways:

1. Mobile phone free dial *135#

My question may sound dumb, but is it necessary to “activate” the roaming service once I am abroad? Anywhere else I have lived you have roaming activated and go, no other step needed.

Any help clarifying is appreciated.

You probably need to call CHT and tell them you want roaming activated at all times. Otherwise they turn it off for you because you’re a child who couldn’t possibly take responsibility for their own actions.

ha ha thank you so much @the_bear for your super quick reply. This is what I suspected! :roll_eyes:

+886928000086

Thank you for their number. I do not need to make an actual call at the moment. I just wanted to test the thing. But this is really good to know for future trips abroad.

Sometimes you need to restart your phone to get properly connected. Technically you shouldn’t have to but sometimes it fixes issues.

@SuperS54 - thanks - did that but the status is unchanged.