Chunghwa Telecom contract

Two years ago when I first got here, I signed a two-year contract with Chunghwa Telecom for my phone line and ADSL … well, two years are about up now, and I’m wondering if it will automatically renew, or do I have to go in myself and sign another contract? I would be really peeved if one day my phone and ADSL just stop working …

I had the same thing with my cellphone. They just kept on billing me and I kept on using it. I don’t see you having a problem as most companies want to keep their customers. I know in American contract law, if both parties don’t do anything, the contract is still in force as long as the terms of it are still being met even though the contract has expired.

Did you get my PM about my Japanese tutor wanting to meet you? He’s been invited to join the Chinese Cultural University’s graduate History program. Let me know what you think.

Okami

the contract is to ensure that you will use their services for a pre-determined minimum period of time. After you fulfill that commitment, you should be free to cancel without penalty. If you want to continue to use their services beyond the period of time in the contract, then just keeping paying the bills and I’m sure they will be very happy.

guys,

good news! :slight_smile:

someone from CHT called my wife and told her that they’ll upgrade to 1.5M for free, and it’ll be done in 3 days (remote upgrade), so let’s see if I have my T1 speed this weekend, stay tuned

my 2 years contract expire in june, but as I don’t want to be engaged with another 2 years, this automatic renew and free upgrade, it’s just what I needed :smiley:

cheers,

[quote=“chichodude”]guys,

good news! :slight_smile:

someone from CHT called my wife and told her that they’ll upgrade to 1.5M for free, and it’ll be done in 3 days (remote upgrade), so let’s see if I have my T1 speed this weekend, stay tuned

my 2 years contract expire in June, but as I don’t want to be engaged with another 2 years, this automatic renew and free upgrade, it’s just what I needed :smiley:

cheers,[/quote]
Careful – my bank tried to pull a fast one on me, dropping an interest rate on a home equity line of credit. The catch was that it would have meant a THREE-YEAR no-termination clause with a penalty of US$3750. This happened when I told the loan officer that I was putting my house on the market to sell it, so his motivation was pretty obvious – scamming a free $3750 for the bank.

If the analogy isn’t clear – better make sure that the free speed upgrade doesn’t come with a two-year contract!

Guys:

I got my upgrade today to T1/128k totally free
and no contract :sunglasses:

So if your 2 yrs. ADSL contract almost expires, you
either wait for CHT call you to offer you this free upgrade
or you call them to find out about this great offering

Cheers,

PS: I verified my speed with this tool, really cool:
zdnet.co.uk/misc/band-test/speedtest500.html