Chungli Breakfast as well as Bars to find Girls

I actually have 2 questions:

1. What is a good bar in Chungli to hang out at to find some girls?

2. Where can I get a Western Breakfast in Chungli?

Thanks,

[quote=“surrenr”]I actually have 2 questions:

1. What is a good bar in Chungli (Zhongli) to hang out at to find some girls?

2. Where can I get a Western Breakfast in Chungli (Zhongli)?

Thanks,[/quote]

There are no girls in Chungli and nobody eats breakfast there due to dieting

you can bump your old thread for #1

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … ight=chung

#2 is a toughy.

There is no place to get a western breakfast in (Jongli Chungli, Chongli), and to the best of my knowledge there are no decent bars either, run by westerners that is, local bars are basic, crude and dangerous! following 6 years experience in the area.
Best to find a local restaurant and stay there have a drink with teh natives and take it from there or get the bus to Taoyuan

[quote=“fryingscotsman”]There is no place to get a western breakfast in (Zhongli Chungli (Zhongli), Chongli), and to the best of my knowledge there are no decent bars either, run by westerners that is, local bars are basic, crude and dangerous! following 6 years experience in the area.
Best to find a local restaurant and stay there have a drink with teh natives and take it from there or get the bus to Taoyuan[/quote]

huh?

the river is fine, and i’ve never had problems in most other places either, such as good morning vietnam. i don’t get out as much as before, but neither have i heard of too much trouble in these places.

where exactly should one go in taoyuan for foreign run pubs (as it appears you are saying they are better/safer)? i believe that the $$$ mafia hangout known as rodeo’s was sold? :idunno:

the breakfast question i agree on though - a trip to costco and make it yourself is the answer i’ve come up with.

Its only dangerous if you misbehave. Havent been out down there in a while but when I lived nearby a few years back I had many a night on the town without incident.
Depends on who you know really. I’ve been to many a ‘gangster bar’ with local friends and I found that the real hard ass senior mob boys are quite easy to get along with. Treated me like a brother most of the time. If you’re ‘associated’ then you’re generally left alone
It’s the younger wannabe’s that are the problem. Little boys trying to make a name for themselves, thats all.

Here’s some places that are safe…
-River is safe but full of young teachers trying to outdo each other with ‘coolness’.
-GMV was ok, but it’s old and tired looking
-Always is owned by one of my good friends James, he takes care of foreigners there and local s are generally OK
-Jokers (new) used to be managed by Daniel, a Canadian, but he’s away at the moment.It’s ok but the usual array of wannabe’s inhabit occasionally
-Rodeo in Taoyuan was ok when Dougal was running it.
-Eagles is ok for a game of pool and a beer…
People get into trouble when they go out because they usually don’t know how to behave discreetly.
Just go out, drink, don’t hit on another guys woman and dont mouth off…
Chances are you’ll have a great time and not get beat up.
Enjoy!

Been to most of those places and I can understand the comment that there are no decent foreigner pubs in Zhongli. The only establishment in the general area that has invested real money in a clean place with sanitary bathrooms and a real pub feel is Azul in Longtan.

There’s a bread place (not like Subway; it’s different) that I LOVE for their Salami sandwich, in Zhongli. With their coffee it makes a good breakfast for me. It’s called [color=green]Apple[/color], and it’s a minute walk away from that crowded night-market-like area (it’s on Shi-jian Road, I could be wrong…) Just ask there.

Their bread is very nice & fresh… Besides mentioned Salami sandwich I don’t know much of what they have. I never had anything else. :smiley: