Chungwha HiNet PPTP password

CHT did not leave me with a password after the HiNet installation. I purchased a new router and need the password to get it running. I’ve emailed CHT and no response.

Any ideas?

Call them. Email will take an eternity.

Or try mine.

Username: waldemarheinz
Password: 4711081566

… OK OK only kidding… :stuck_out_tongue:

That same thing happened to me over a year ago. And it seems to happen to a lot of people. There are basically two options: one is contacting hinet service provider, but they will require you to fax them a lot of info, including a copy of your ID (or ARC), etc. That’s plain mafan. The easier method is to download a software that recovers your password for you. That’s what I did. I basically googled “hinet密碼忘記” (ie, hinet password forgotten) and found lots of people with the same problem and solutions offered. I just did a quick google search and found this blog which explains how to do it (though I can’t guarantee this will work for you): blog.xuite.net/yh96301/blog/6166 … 6%E7%A2%BC

Hope it works!

EDIT: Seems like I misread your question. You didn’t forget the password, they never gave one to you. So I’m not sure if the above applies.

Recently they have been setting up a lot of small service offices, which do not close on holidays and work until very late -10 or 11. When it happened to me, I called and they instructed me to go to any of these offices so they can copy my ID and such. It was a bit of mafan but relatively painless and quick. Call them and sort everything out quickly.

They didn’t leave the scratch off card?

Oh, I took good care of that scratch card for like 10 years. Then, well, it’s been a long time since I last saw it. The best way to rpeserve it is to paste it to the side of the computer tower… if you have one. In case of a laptop, the modem then. But once it is gone, it is gone.

BTW, my wifi modem is supposed to have a similar card for ID. They did not give it to me.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I think you mean “pppoe” rather than “pptp.” However, I could be wrong.

PPTP
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point-to-P … g_Protocol

PPPoE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point-to-p … r_Ethernet

cheers,
DB

[quote=“samsonisfurry”]CHT did not leave me with a password after the HiNet installation. I purchased a new router and need the password to get it running. I’ve emailed CHT and no response.

Any ideas?[/quote]

Are you trying to access the wifi router or just connect a computer to the internet via the ADSL modem?

If you need to access the wifi router, you can find more info in the thread below.
Otherwise, you’ll need to go to CHT with all of your ID and formally make a request for your login info and a new pasword.
Hope that helps…

https://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=111508&p=1472435&hilit=chtnvdsl#p1472435