Churrascaria, anyone been?

[quote=“rockgirl”]Its the best barbecue ever! I luuuv meat. Usually the gauchos dip the meat in lemon, garlic, chicken soup (?), chervil…one night before barbecued… Then they serve you all different types of meat usually cow in the sword Sandman mentions. With some red wine, yum! Hope its still alive!

Alien might like Chinchulinas! if you like meat youll luv it.[/quote]

Rodizio?

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“hungryintaipei”]I found it… I think. I googled “Living Room” then copied that address in Chinese, did some google magic. Looks like it’s on No. 6, Nanjing E Road, Sec 5, 2 FL. I might have to check this place out next week… now the question is, do they have the churrascaria cheese bread!!!

fo-go.eatingout.com.tw/intrdouce.html

地址:台北市松山區南京東路五段6號2樓
(光復北路口、力霸飯店旁)
電話:02-27655959 FAX:02-27493615
營業時間:11:30~15:00 / 17:30~22:30[/quote]I’m pretty sure that place closed down last year.[/quote]

ahhh, so sad. oh well.

Well, finally.
As I was enjoying a refreshing cocktail at Al Fresco’s Public House the other night, I saw the side of a passing bus advertising that Ziga Zaga at The Hyatt is now offering Brasilian churrasco dining!
I checked their website, it still just shows the same tired old Italian crap.
Anybody been??

Bcause, damn

Realize this is a little out of the way, but smack in th heart of Pattaya beach in Thailand in front of the Central Festival department store (I can’t get over the retardation of that name, but I digress) is Zico’s Brazilian BBQ, 15 meats, salad, stew/goulash, potatoes etc buffet, plus all you can drink red and/or white wine or beer for 2 hours, for 999. Plus they’ve imported a couple of leggy booby Brazilian lookin chicks to come out and shake that bootie every half hour. Outdoor dining right across from the water, no mosquitoes there for some reason.

Not sure why this is not available in Taiwan.

[quote=“TwoTongues”]Realize this is a little out of the way, but smack in th heart of Pattaya beach in Thailand in front of the Central Festival department store (I can’t get over the retardation of that name, but I digress) is Zico’s Brazilian BBQ, 15 meats, salad, stew/goulash, potatoes etc buffet, plus [b]all you can drink red and/or white wine or beer for 2 hours[b], for 999. Plus they have imported a couple of leggy booby Brazilian lookin chicks to come out and shake that bootie every half hour. Outdoor dining right across from the water, no mosquitoes there for some reason.

Not sure why this is not available in Taiwan.[/quote]

I’m going to need the rest of the day just to get over “leggy booby Brazilian lookin chicks”…

[quote=“hungryintaipei”][quote=“Maoman”][quote=“hungryintaipei”]I found it… I think. I googled “Living Room” then copied that address in Chinese, did some google magic. Looks like it’s on No. 6, Nanjing E Road, Sec 5, 2 FL. I might have to check this place out next week… now the question is, do they have the churrascaria cheese bread!!!

(光復北路口、力霸飯店旁)
營業時間:11:30~15:00 / 17:30~22:30[/quote]I’m pretty sure that place closed down last year.[/quote]

ahhh, so sad. oh well.[/quote]
I passed by that area looking for the churrascaria a couple weeks ago, and didn’t see it. There’s a Persian restaurant where I remember that churrascaria being.

[/quote]
Crikey I’d totally forgotten that line, must be time to go back through the collection and watch it again, gracias

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“hungryintaipei”][quote=“Maoman”][quote=“hungryintaipei”]I found it… I think. I googled “Living Room” then copied that address in Chinese, did some google magic. Looks like it’s on No. 6, Nanjing E Road, Sec 5, 2 FL. I might have to check this place out next week… now the question is, do they have the churrascaria cheese bread!!!

(光復北路口、力霸飯店旁)

ahhh, so sad. oh well.[/quote]
I passed by that area looking for the churrascaria a couple weeks ago, and didn’t see it. There’s a Persian restaurant where I remember that churrascaria being.[/quote]

Yeah, it was the last one and it’s been gone for some time.

Two Tongues, note my correction to the quote…

[quote=“the chief”]Well, finally.
As I was enjoying a refreshing cocktail at Al Fresco’s Public House the other night, I saw the side of a passing bus advertising that Ziga Zaga at The Hyatt is now offering Brasilian churrasco dining!
I checked their website, it still just shows the same tired old Italian crap.
Anybody been??

Bcause, damn

[/quote]

I called them. It is served as a buffet at $880 plus 10% per person for dinner. They have 6 kinds of meat (beef and pork). It won’t have the same feeling but it might be worth checking out. Maybe if someone was having a birthday? :laughing:

Reservations: Contact the Food and Beverage Restaurant Reservation on +886 2 2720 1200 ext. 3198 or 3199. Or ext. 0 and the main desk will connect you.

They also have Caipirinhas for $390 according to the ad in the Taipei Times today.

Too bad they aren’t included in the 880!

Are the Caipirinhas made with limes or with those funny green lemons?

The newspaper didn’t say. I may be going next weekend, so maybe I can update you then.

Their limes better be made of solid gold for 390, who the hell are they kiddin. It’s a variant of rum for god sake, they’re chargin US$ 13 for rum and lime eh? Do they at least lube you up with KY before bendin you over the bar? As Eddie Murphy once said back when he was funny, “13$? 13$??? I can get blown for 13$!” (or maybe it was $7 for a coke, but you get the point)

Well, $419 with tax and service, so I guess that would be 14 bucks. Limes made of gold or served by the gallon, lol.

Well, $419 with tax and service, so I guess that would be 14 bucks. Limes made of gold or served by the gallon, lol.[/quote]
Gallon would be acceptable (I’d say “liter” but where I come from we don’t use the Commie Measurement System so I don’t really know how much a liter is)

Rodizio, all-you-can-eat brazilian-style steakhouse (churrascaria). Anything of the sort now in Taipei or anywhere in Taiwan?

Cheers.

Did you ever find any?

I went to Tokyo to compete in Jiu-Jitsu about 10 days ago and I ate at the same Brazilian barbeque 3 times, Barbecoa Aoyoma. Haha