CIA Targets Al-Zawahiri

I

[quote=“purple people eaters”]I miss the good old (pre-mass media) days when our allies (i.e.; superior human beings) would hit their targets from their propeller planes and with pin-point precession only hitting evil Gestapo

[quote=“BroonAle”]
Ah yes. Dresden.[/quote]

Some people just need a slight nudge in the right direction. Dresden was a nudge.

blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/Funktionar … _Disco.mp3

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“BroonAle”]
Ah yes. Dresden.[/quote]
Some people just need a slight nudge in the right direction. Dresden was a nudge.[/quote]
This is why I despise you, Comrade Stalin. One hundred thousand people in Dresden were burned to death in what can only be described as an act of terrorism, and you call it a “slight nudge.”

It cracks me up how anybody can get worked up about shat posted on a forum. You might want to dial back there a bit PP… why don’t you have a coke and a smile :slight_smile:

It cracks me up how anybody can get worked up about shat posted on a forum. You might want to dial back there a bit PP… why don’t you have a coke and a smile :slight_smile:[/quote]
It’s a meeting place of opinion. Someone says something outrageously devoid of humanity and offensive in the extreme, and I say something. Yes, I got worked up for a moment, there. He pushed my button. But don’t worry, I’ll be able to sleep tonight.

Oh mercy me! I’m so sad. I’m crushed. :boo-hoo:

Only Nazis or their apologists would shed tears for Dresden.

[quote=“porcelainprincess”][quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“BroonAle”]
Ah yes. Dresden.[/quote]

Some people just need a slight nudge in the right direction. Dresden was a nudge.[/quote]
This is why I despise you, Comrade Stalin. One hundred thousand people in Dresden were burned to death in what can only be described as an act of terrorism, and you call it a “slight nudge.”[/quote]

While I find CS’s words less than pleasant, his point should be taken seriously. “Nudges” have often benefit tens of millions of people in the long run. Now to compare Dresden to one house in Pakistan seems only to show how ultra-sensitive we modernites have become. Any loss of innocent life is regrettable; yet, to say that the bombing of this house or Dresden were acts of terrorism is crap IMHO. Revisionist History is stupid.

At least the bombing of Dresden had some legitimacy as there was after all a state of war between Germany and the allies. Pakistan is supposedly an ally!

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]At least the bombing of Dresden had some legitimacy as there was after all a state of war between Germany and the allies. Pakistan is supposedly an ally!

HG[/quote]

So is France. :smiling_imp:

An interesting take on this action from a main Paki newspaper, The Daily Times.
While I discount the “warning” take on this, it obviously was not a warning per se, it does accomplish a mission to serve notice on folks who would shelter terrs and follow their bidding.
From the article…

[quote]"KHAR, Bajaur Agency: The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) of the United States may not have achieved its prime target, the No 2 Al Qaeda leader Egyptian, Dr Aiman Al Zawahri, but the January 13 air attack on Damadola village in Bajaur Agency has certainly left a deep psychological impact on the tribesmen.

The tribesmen believe that the attack was a warning not to host

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]An interesting take on this action from a main Paki newspaper, The Daily Times.
While I discount the “warning” take on this, it obviously was not a warning per se, it does accomplish a mission to serve notice on folks who would shelter terrs and follow their bidding.
From the article…

[quote]"KHAR, Bajaur Agency: The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) of the United States may not have achieved its prime target, the No 2 Al Qaeda leader Egyptian, Dr Aiman Al Zawahri, but the January 13 air attack on Damadola village in Bajaur Agency has certainly left a deep psychological impact on the tribesmen.

The tribesmen believe that the attack was a warning not to host

[quote=“jdsmith”]
While I find CS’s words less than pleasant, his point should be taken seriously. “Nudges” have often benefit tens of millions of people in the long run. Now to compare Dresden to one house in Pakistan seems only to show how ultra-sensitive we modernites have become. Any loss of innocent life is regrettable; yet, to say that the bombing of this house or Dresden were acts of terrorism is crap IMHO. Revisionist History is stupid.[/quote]
Bullshit, and triple bullshit. Dresden was of no strategic importance, whatsoever. It was a wilfull incineration of a hundred thousand civilians. It was an act of terrorism.

[quote=“porcelainprincess”][quote=“jdsmith”]
While I find CS’s words less than pleasant, his point should be taken seriously. “Nudges” have often benefit tens of millions of people in the long run. Now to compare Dresden to one house in Pakistan seems only to show how ultra-sensitive we modernites have become. Any loss of innocent life is regrettable; yet, to say that the bombing of this house or Dresden were acts of terrorism is crap IMHO. Revisionist History is stupid.[/quote]
Bullshit, and triple bullshit. Dresden was of no strategic importance, whatsoever. It was a wilfull incineration of a hundred thousand civilians. It was an act of terrorism.[/quote]

Whom did it terrorise?

And what of Hiroshima? Dude you’re looking at 60 years ago with your modern eyes. That’s the problem with people today. They all want to speak for the God of History.

[quote=“porcelainprincess”][quote=“jdsmith”]
Bullshit, and triple bullshit. Dresden was of no strategic importance, whatsoever. It was a wilfull incineration of a hundred thousand civilians. It was an act of terrorism.[/quote]

Tell it to the victims of the Germans at Belsen, Dachau, Auschwitz, Treblinka, Ravensbruck…

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“porcelainprincess”][quote=“jdsmith”]

Tell it to the victims of the Germans at Belsen, Dachau, Auschwitz, Treblinka, Ravensbruck…[/quote]

Tell it to the tens of millions of Germans and East Europeans who live in relative comfort and economic security now, and have for 2 generations, as have their children.

Nudges work.

They may in a legitimate war but when you start “nudging” your allies there is a great chance you’ll be nudged back.

[quote]Anti-American protests might be a familiar scene, but it is one that cannot be dismissed. Ultimately, the war on radical Islam can be won only if moderate Muslims turn against the terrorists. When innocents are killed, particularly without the legitimate target being present, yet more fuel is added to anti-U.S. anger. At the same time, in Pakistan’s case, such attacks further undermine Musharraf, a critical ally. He has already escaped several attempts on his life. If extremists succeed in assassinating him, nuclear-armed Pakistan could become an extremist state

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“porcelainprincess”][quote=“jdsmith”]

Tell it to the victims of the Germans at Belsen, Dachau, Auschwitz, Treblinka, Ravensbruck…[/quote]

Tell it to the tens of millions of Germans and East Europeans who live in relative comfort and economic security now, and have for 2 generations, as have their children.

Nudges work.[/quote]
For f’uck’s sake, it wasn’t a f’ucking “nudge.” It had nothing to do with winning the war–the Russians took care of that on the Eastern front. It was recrimination. It was meaningless. It’s telling that you bring up the holocaust to justify Dresden.

We were supposed to be the good guys. And we were. But Dresden was a dark spot upon the Allies record. It was evil.

Why?

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]
They may in a legitimate war but when you start “nudging” your allies there is a great chance you’ll be nudged back. [/quote]

Don’t be naive. The US has no allies and never has had. The most that can be said is that occasionally we share common interests wih each other.