CiCi - she can give whats her name a run for her money

youtube.com/watch?v=RELEHBwAPIE

This girl doing travel shows can give whats her name a run for her money . I honestly forgot whats her names name. But you guys know who I am talking bout . :slight_smile:

In a good way or a bad way?

I couldn’t watch it. I had an uncontrollable urge to hunt her down and throw her off the top of Taipei 101. Not sure if it was the voice or the fact that she’s really, really, really happy.

[quote=“finley”]In a good way or a bad way?

[/quote]
Come now this is Tommy we’re talking about: he can only mean in the shaggability stakes innit?

“Everyone you can see on the streets has black hair and yellow skin”

I would throw her off 101 with a stick of dynamite up her jacksie.

She is a terrible host. She has no idea what to say so is just spouting off nonsense at the level of a Shida student. Thumbs down.

I’m not really a huge fan of Janet Hsieh, but at least she’s interesting to watch.

[quote=“finley”]In a good way or a bad way?

I couldn’t watch it. I had an uncontrollable urge to hunt her down and throw her off the top of Taipei 101. Not sure if it was the voice or the fact that she’s really, really, really happy.[/quote]

NOW now, let’s not get really really really excited now. :slight_smile:

She got to stay at the Presidential suite at the Grand Hyatt for free. I guess one could be really really really happy about that . Wonder what tv company is behind this show.

Think shes Taiwanese who went to live in the USA and they brought her back to compete with whats her name.

I would say something disparaging about your taste again(and again ad infinitum) but I might get banned. I agree with the poster who said throw her off of Taipei 101.

How about we throw her from the Presidential suite of the Grand Hyatt to the base of the W so she can at least get a look at what is passing for a top hotel these days?

Yeah but with her TW audience and that sqeekey voice and happy happy happy happy, she WILL be a threat to you know who. Who also appeals to the same vain audience lah.

And those sharp knees. Way below my standard. I would not hit it.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]She is a terrible host. She has no idea what to say so is just spouting off nonsense at the level of a Shi-Da student. Thumbs down.
[/quote]

Isn’t that par for the course on the boob tube?

Never could tell these two apart:

Did she just say “Everybody has black hair and yellow skin. Feels so friendly” when I watched it? No, must have imagined it :smiley:

WEll i guess its nto exactly pc. But yeah she said its so comfortable to see everyone has black hair and yellow skin.

Racist? yup.

youtube.com/watch?v=XNcKL84wVOQ

Shes a KMT spy oh ! :slight_smile: Here daddy must’ve been a KMT general. WAtch out Janet, you got CiCi on your butt lah.

Yeah shes kinda barbie like but shes ok, kinda cute. Bubbly personality wouldn’t you say? Bit air headed but hey as long as you can live with her…

BellaVita?? DONT EVER let your GF in there EVER ! All items designed to make a rich man into a poor man. Don’t let EVE make you eat that Apple Adam ?!

This girl is making TW girls worse and more materialistic with all these stupid , staying in presidential suite, shopping at impossibly expensive boutiques. 1.8million NTD for a stupid pair of sunglasses?

Its BS like this that makes TW girls go from bad to worse.

This girl you can’t support her with a small fortune, you better have a BIG fortune.

Forget it, get a down to earth South East Asian or Pinay.

How about you do a travel show about your home country and have it aired in Taiwan (or the US):

“Everybody has blonde hair and white skin. Feels so friendly”

The dear ABCs and Taiwanese who take no offense with what “CiCi” - which by the way is way up on my list of irritatingly annoying names - says, would go into rage mode and say you are a dirty racist, similar to these xenophobes who made the song “Asian Girlz”.

How about you do a travel show about your home country and have it aired in Taiwan (or the US):

“Everybody has blonde hair and white skin. Feels so friendly”

The dear ABCs and Taiwanese who take no offense with what “CiCi” - which by the way is way up on my list of irritatingly annoying names - says, would go into rage mode and say you are a dirty racist, similar to these xenophobes who made the song “Asian Girlz”.[/quote]

My dear Hsinhai, I can see we are destined to become the best of friends. We should really talk out our differences over a round some day (even though I don’t drink).

I posit that it is totally different to say 黃皮膚 and “yellow skin,” just as it’s different to say 東方人 and “Oriental,” so I don’t fault her for saying that in Chinese (other than it being a really stupidly obvious thing to say). I do, however, fault the translator of the subtitles who was not culturally sensitive enough to realize that “yellow skin” is rather taboo in English.

You seem to have some deep-seeded feelings toward ABCs, btw.

I watched the first few minutes. Seriously WTF? Can anyone really be that empty of humanity? Is she 8 years old? Look at the sparrows!!!

What an embarrassed for Taiwan. Not surprising at all that she finds CKS Memorial a fascinating place.

I couldn’t make it past 30 seconds.

She’s not fit to clean the dirt off Janet’s shoes.

deep-seated :grandpa:

Yes and no. In the case of someone who spent most of her life in a Western environment and by her own admission did not return to Asia for 14 years, there is no such excuse as that of a different cultural background. That “CiCi” knows her statement is racist, she made it regardless since her audience thinks in equally racial (and and racist) categories: white, yellow, wai lao, scary black man and will not take any offence.

What should he have done instead? Come up with some enchanting story how great racial homogeneity is? As if that was any better: “Ah this place is beautiful, no scary black man or white guy sticking out and ruining the harmony!”
I am happy the translator retained her exact words: yellow skin, black hair, so friendly! Once and for all exposes the racism going on.

Towards the hypocrisy often shown by them, like shouting “racist!” In the US and behaving like one themselves in Taiwan. Or claiming how in touch they are with their ancestral homelands, yet when in Taiwan a lot can barely speak any proper Chinese and bully local Taiwanese. Really smooth.