CIHL Hockey

Come on out an support the skaters of the Chinese-Taipei Ice Hockey League.

This Sunday, November 12th, features 3 action-packed games that are sure to thrill.

7:20pm Lions vs Wolves
8:40pm Bears vs Raptors
10:00pm Rhinos vs Tigers

All games are at the Iceland Palace on the 2nd floor of the Taipei Arena, corner of DunHua North Rd and NanJing East Rd, and admission is f.o.c.

For more info, visit cihl.com.tw

Hope to see you there with a friend or two!

Humpity-bumpity. Hope to see you at the rink!

A big thanks to all the fans that came out last night and hope to see more of you throughout the season!

Last night’s results:

Game 1

Lions 7 - Wolves 5

Robin Ripley (Lions) 4 goals,

teams combined for 24 minutes in penalties

Game 2

Bears 3 - Raptors 4 (OT)

Raptors overcome 3 goal deficit and win in the 8th round of the shootout on a goal by Ray Imbleau.

Top Pick Steve Clark (Bears) (0 pts) leads league in penalty minutes (12),

Dave Campbell (Bears) 1 G, 2A,

Game 3

Tigers 1 - Rhinos 4

Young gun Alex Whalen (Rhinos) and Mike Fox (Rhinos) both turn out solid 1G, 1A games.

Andrew Tingley (G-Rhinos) gets win against former team after being over-looked by GM Laughren in the draft.

See you at the Taipei Arena for the next round of games on November 26th!

Fun times out there indeed.
And man, what a shootout! Kudos to both goalies.
Cool to see attendance getting better all the time.
The 11/26 matchup of the Lions and Rhinos looks to be an epic!

I just found the leagues website the other day. I had no idea that there was a hockey league in Taipei. I’m very excited to attend my first game. I miss North American hockey almost as much as I miss American baseball. :slight_smile:

One quick question, are all the games free admission?

Thanks!

Yep, all games are free.
Next games are on Jan 7.
Do you play?

Nah, I’m not a hockey player. I would have been if I’d had the opportunity to play when I was younger. But I grew up in a little town of 2000 people in South Dakota so we really didn’t have that. Still, I love to watch. :slight_smile:

Well, hope to see you out there, PP; the games are free and we could use all the support we can get! Click on the link at the bottom of this post for full season schedule, as well as standings and past game reports.

Best Regards,
CK

Thanks. My fiance and I are planning on coming to the games on the 7th, I believe. See ya there!

Great! We also have a post-game happy hour of sorts after every set of games with our title sponsor, The Shannon Pub, directly across from the Taipei Arena on TunHwa North Rd. They put on food and drink specials for us and we are working on possibly getting some NHL games on a few of their screens for our post-game pleasure. Hope you and your fiancee can join us for a pint or two. Cheers!

CK

Hey, I’m way down in Kaohsiung and am very jealous of what you guys have up there in Taipei. But with the new high speed rail and all I wouldn’t mind making the trip up there once or twice a month for games, beginning next season. But, do you guys actually hold practices too? If so, that may be too much for me.

God do I miss playing.

No, no practices. There’s usually a pick up game once a week, but that’s it. There’s a team that comes up from Chiayi, and they won the championship last year. This year the schedule’s been worked so that they’re coming up once a month to play twice the same day. They always get the earliest games to help with travel time. I imagine that hsr will make a big difference for them.

I’d be going nuts without hockey.

Thanks. Maybe I could enquire about joining the Jaiyi team…

[quote=“citizen k”]Come on out an support the skaters of the Chinese-Taipei Ice Hockey League.

This Sunday, January 7th, features 3 action-packed games that are sure to thrill.

7:20pm Raptors vs Sharks
8:40pm Tigers vs Lions
10:00pm Bears vs Rhinos

All games are at the Iceland Palace on the 2nd floor of the Taipei Arena, corner of Dunhua North Rd and Nanjing East Rd, and admission is f.o.c.

For more info, visit cihl.com.tw

Hope to see you there with a friend or two![/quote]

CK posted this about other games earlier, but I’ve changed some info in it to make it relevant for tonight.