Citizenship process after TARC and residency requirement

I’m a TARC holder coming upon meeting my residency requirements for citizenship. Is anyone here able to speak to the next steps? In particular:

(1) Will I be able to retain my original citizenship and acquire dual citizenship? There seems to be quite a bit of conflicting information on this one - I was under the impression that this would be fine, but some threads seem to indicate the need to renounce prior citizenships?

(2) What are the next steps and process for this route once the residency requirement is met? If anyone can provide the names of key paperwork or steps, that’d be incredibly helpful - I’m having a hard time finding the right combination of terms to search for online.

Thank you so much! I have this forum to thank for obtaining my TARC and getting this far in the first place.

How did you obtain your TARC?

That will determine your ability to keep dual citizenship.

Thank you Marco - I obtained my TARC using an NWHOR and my parents’ hukou. What is it that determines whether you’re able to acquire dual citizenship?

Also for posterity, here’s the best guide I’ve been able to find so far on actual next steps:

If you are born to Taiwanese, then it’s fine. But if you get a TARC as a foreigner, then you have to give up before getting household registration.

1 Like