CKS airport runner

[quote=“sasquatch”]

Wow! I had no idea that my departure would invite so much speculation! From my many unpaid bartabs, to my Chinese, to overall comments on my character, its a lot to take in! The court of public opinion is certainly interesting. While I was living in Taiwan, I never actually read any of this shit, my life was far too interesting to bother, and I had heard from friends who regularly read it that it was mostly filled by idiots. This was evidenced by some of the posts that I read.
I guess I’ll answer a few of the questions that were debated in this little forum on ME. The question that seemed to evoke the biggest response was: Why would I run? I guess I would have to say, why the hell not? I had a lot of shit that I needed from my place, as when I left, I was unaware that I wouldn’t be let back in. Suffice it to say that in 7 years, you manage to accumulate a few things of value. And yes, the girlfriend thing did play a part. And yes, it was stupid. But if you know me, not at all unexepected.
Secondly, the many unpaid bar tabs. Not at many bars, only at one, and I was in the process of paying it down from what had been a staggering 21,000 dollar tab! I had succeeded in paying down to something like 9,000, before my unexpected exile. Someone had said 40,000? Rumour is a terrible thing!
Thirdly, the whole Chinese question. My Chinese, while it may not be as good as some peoples, is pretty damn good. Those pathetic losers who are hacking on me about my tones, why don’t you just spend some more time with your head buried in your ass? There’s probably a good Chinese book up there…
Fourthly, my sex life! My God! I couldn’t believe it when I was reading about it in some forum! Unbelievable. Suffice it to say, I was a busy guy, and I was a teacher not only of English, but on how to maintain and hold a stable that held many a horse! I indoctrinated many a hopeless lad on the art of getting laid in Tiawan, and I can assure you that the loser who brought up the whole bar tab thing(I know who you are)is one of those pathetic freaks who spends his time hanging out at Willy’s with all the engineers, and is deeply conflicted because he just can’t get laid, and he has no friends. Don’t worry chief, some people were meant to be losers.

Lastly, I would just like to say that I have lived my life to the fullest, and I make no apologies to anyone for the way that I have sucked the very marrow from it. To all those who saw me all cuffed up like that, know that I chose it willingly, as a way to say goodbye to a country that had treated me so well. Viva Taiwan! Viva the Phoenix!
Sasquatch[/quote]
HA HA HA!!!

:notworthy:

LEGEND!!! when’s the movie coming out?

[quote=“sasquatch”]While I was living in Taiwan, I never actually read any of this shit, my life was far too interesting to bother…
Secondly, the many unpaid bar tabs. Not at many bars, only at one, and I was in the process of paying it down from what had been a staggering 21,000 dollar tab![/quote]

A life so interesting that you ran up a bar tab that high? Gosh, if only I could be Mr. Popularity like you. Oh well, guess I’ll have to settle to be an unknown who doesn’t drink myself into serious debt and get my face plastered all over the news for trying to outrun the police at an airport…which is full of police. But I guess you knew it was. Or at least now you do. Bwah ha ha ha ha!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Oh God! The irony of it all!

Is this Italian for, “I love A-Bian! Save me A-Bian!”?

Seriously, though, people:

Who is smurfing as a troll, pretending to be the guy? I refuse to believe that someone so pathetic would be balls-y enough to actually try to defend his stupidity in a public forum to strangers who couldn’t give a shit if he believes he lived life to the fullest (while scamming and scumming his way through life) or not.

Another clown retired. :joker:

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

What makes you so judgemental? Did Oprah die and coronate you Queen?

moth
flame

:unamused: but :silenced: for harmony’s sake.

I think this sasquatch dude is cool, but the correct spelling for this country is T-A-I-W-A-N, A before I.
You guys that said bad things about him better not be fckin on his HO/girlfriend. Because if you bang her, he’ll get you, oh sorry, I suppose he can’t. So do what you want, but be gentle.
We foreigners need more handcuffed, slow running foreigners like him. He may be slow, but he’s cool and confident. He f
cked and drank for free, that’s cool. Being arrested means your tough!
So now he and ICRT’s Chocolate can live together on the list of those foreigners banned from coming back to T-A-I-W-A-N.
That’s cool!!!

Don’t roll your eyes at me. You sit up there in your ivory tower casting down on those around you. Then if someone questions you, you think you can emoticon your way out of it. Not here sister. I ain’t buying your :unamused: .Seriously, who died to make you the boss of all things?

It’s never free. You always end up paying somehow…

[quote=“sasquatch”] To all those who saw me all cuffed up like that, know that I chose it willingly, as a way to say goodbye to a country that had treated me so well. Viva Taiwan! Viva the Phoenix!
Sasquatch[/quote]

Yah Right…
I’ve no real fault with what this guy actually did, or even what rumor mongering has made him out to be. And his obvious tendancy towards self delusion means nothing to me.

The only thing that bugs me is the following: A person from my country of birth has soured the already unstable image of the Wei Guo Ren in this cuntry. I would expect the same sort of haphazard sloppiness from a 23 yr old, but at 32, grow up.

Running is one stupid thing, but compounding idiocy does not go over well. Especially if yer handcuffed & with the Media in Yer face. You could have salvaged the Whole Ugly Scenario by assaulting the media with Every Means at hand. Afterwards claiming …"?"

In any event, it’s just one more factor to overcome in an already worsening perception regarding us Aliens, especially those of us with family here. Those arrogant and ignominious errant small “c” canucklings are mainly to blame, though there’s a few of these in ANY nation of Anglo-Saxon stock. Pretty soon, for the sake of the rest of the community, we’ll (TheDecentOnes) have to create our own peer network, ensuring that The Ugly Canadian Syndrome is brought under control.

It’s a huge task, but let us bear it together, Brothers & Sisters, and we shall… :sick:

Don’t roll your eyes at me. You sit up there in your ivory tower casting down on those around you. Then if someone questions you, you think you can emoticon your way out of it. Not here sister. I ain’t buying your :unamused: .Seriously, who died to make you the boss of all things?[/quote]

Puhlease!!!
This character is waiting to be smacked down for trying to transform his dim-witted actions into an act of heroism.
Someone should submit the story to “News of the Weird,” and they’ll probably put it in the “People with Issues” column or else in “Compelling Explanations”–(‘I was just trying to go back and pay my bar tab, man’). Or perhaps they’ll have to create a whole new category–“Just plain Stupid.” :laughing:

Oh come on, you Canadians are all the same.

It wasn’t the smartest thing the sasquatch has ever done but like he says it’s true to form. Good luck Chris you gave us all a good laugh down here. Now…what did you do with that notebook with all those sheilas phone numbers?

OK, so you went back to get your stuff, I can understand that. But how on earth do you “forget” to renew your visa for nearly 2 years?! Were you just not able to find an ARC job after you got fired, or what?!

And don’t pick on Taffy. If he’s the Welshman I think he is, he’s a nice guy. And like WeiLong said…please PM me with the numbers of those lucky lasses down in Tainan, OK?

The airport runner dude was so weird that he should be on the Discovery Channel.

So does he belong in Mordeth’s thread about laowai who have gone bonkers in Taiwan?

He certainly looks like a stark raving loony in the photograph.

I hope he can put his “clownish” character to good use. He should apply for a position being a mascot at children’s birthday parties at McDonalds in Saskatchewan. He can run around stating: And I know Ray Kroc…I talk to his spirit.

Unaware that you wouldn’t be let in? Are they going to give you a bunch of flowers and a free bus ticket down to Tainan? I guess that’s what I’d expect if I’d lived in a country illegally for two and a half years.

Again this ‘unexpected’ exile. Oh and with the bar tabs - seeing as other places wouldn’t serve you (due to unpaid tabs, doing a runner from various pubs after drinking all night) the Armory was just about the only place left you could get a drink in Tainan.

CHEN SHUIBIAN ZUIHAO! BANGMANG WO!

Err, yeah, that would be me. The loser who hasn’t even lived in Tainan for two years, has somehow stumbled across legal employment, pays all his bills on time and doesn’t let his friends down. But as for problems getting horses in my stable, you’re spot on. Must be all those engineers I hang around with… :laughing:

Please officer, humiliate me on national TV! I’ll have to remember that when I’m leaving the country - a spectacular send-off.

[quote]Viva Taiwan! Viva the Phoenix!
Sasquatch[/quote]

First sensible thing you’ve said.

Sounds like you miss Taiwan. Maybe you can come back in ten years when they lift your visa ban. I’m sure someone will keep an eye on your stuff until then.

See you (or not, as the case might be)

Taffy

Oh come on, you Canadians are all the same.

[/quote]
:doh: :homer:

CLASSIC POSTS PLEASE!

Mr Sasquatch’s is a pure classic. I partuclarly like the way he brilliantly hoists then swivels onto his own pettard. Young and stupid just isn’t a good enough excuse in this instance. Excellent!!

Please don’t tell me it’a a troll!!

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]CLASSIC POSTS PLEASE!

Mr Sasquatch’s is a pure classic. I partuclarly like the way he brilliantly hoists then swivels onto his own pettard. Young and stupid just isn’t a good enough excuse in this instance. Excellent!!

Please don’t tell me it’a a troll!![/quote]
Seconded. I’d be heartbroken if it were.

I feel a novel coming on. Picaresque, like. A low-rent Portnoy’s Complaint for the masses. Movie rights. The whole deal.