CKS airport runner

[quote=“sasquatch”]Wow! I had no idea that my departure would invite so much speculation! From my many unpaid bartabs, to my Chinese, to overall comments on my character, its a lot to take in! The court of public opinion is certainly interesting. While I was living in Taiwan, I never actually read any of this shit, my life was far too interesting to bother, and I had heard from friends who regularly read it that it was mostly filled by idiots. This was evidenced by some of the posts that I read.
I guess I’ll answer a few of the questions that were debated in this little forum on ME. The question that seemed to evoke the biggest response was: Why would I run? I guess I would have to say, why the hell not? I had a lot of shit that I needed from my place, as when I left, I was unaware that I wouldn’t be let back in. Suffice it to say that in 7 years, you manage to accumulate a few things of value. And yes, the girlfriend thing did play a part. And yes, it was stupid. But if you know me, not at all unexepected.
Secondly, the many unpaid bar tabs. Not at many bars, only at one, and I was in the process of paying it down from what had been a staggering 21,000 dollar tab! I had succeeded in paying down to something like 9,000, before my unexpected exile. Someone had said 40,000? Rumour is a terrible thing!
Thirdly, the whole Chinese question. My Chinese, while it may not be as good as some peoples, is pretty damn good. Those pathetic losers who are hacking on me about my tones, why don’t you just spend some more time with your head buried in your ass? There’s probably a good Chinese book up there…
Fourthly, my sex life! My God! I couldn’t believe it when I was reading about it in some forum! Unbelievable. Suffice it to say, I was a busy guy, and I was a teacher not only of English, but on how to maintain and hold a stable that held many a horse! I indoctrinated many a hopeless lad on the art of getting laid in Tiawan, and I can assure you that the loser who brought up the whole bar tab thing(I know who you are)is one of those pathetic freaks who spends his time hanging out at Willy’s with all the engineers, and is deeply conflicted because he just can’t get laid, and he has no friends. Don’t worry chief, some people were meant to be losers.

Lastly, I would just like to say that I have lived my life to the fullest, and I make no apologies to anyone for the way that I have sucked the very marrow from it. To all those who saw me all cuffed up like that, know that I chose it willingly, as a way to say goodbye to a country that had treated me so well. Viva Taiwan! Viva the Phoenix!
Sasquatch[/quote]

Well,

On the flip side of your silliness you have given all of us something to giggle about. Without weirdos like you, the world would be a rather dull place. It is also nice to be able to point my finger and say, “At least I’m not as fucked up as that guy”. So in some perverted way I owe you a “Thank you”.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]CLASSIC POSTS PLEASE!

Mr Sasquatch’s is a pure classic. I partuclarly like the way he brilliantly hoists then swivels onto his own pettard. Young and stupid just isn’t a good enough excuse in this instance. Excellent!![/quote]
Done. :joker:

You’ve made an old historian’s day there Maoman.

HG

[quote=“sasquatch”]

Don’t worry chief, some people were meant to be losers.
Sasquatch[/quote]

Whoa, whoa,
WHOA!

Hey, watch that chief shit there, rube!!
I know where you live!

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]CLASSIC POSTS PLEASE!

Mr Sasquatch’s is a pure classic. I partuclarly like the way he brilliantly hoists then swivels onto his own pettard. Young and stupid just isn’t a good enough excuse in this instance. Excellent!![/quote]
Done. :joker:[/quote]The Classic Posts page reads: "How to Win the Respect and Admiration of Those Around You." That’s how found this thread.

Shouldn’t it say- How to Lose the Respect and Admiration of Those Around You?

I don’t get this.

T.

[quote=“Tinman”][quote=“Maoman”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]CLASSIC POSTS PLEASE!

Done. :joker:[/quote]The Classic Posts page reads: "How to Win the Respect and Admiration of Those Around You." That’s how found this thread.

I don’t get this.

T.[/quote]

i think it’s called sarcasm…or irony or something…

[quote=“Tinman”][quote=“Maoman”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]CLASSIC POSTS PLEASE!

I don’t get this.

T.[/quote]

you must be american :laughing:

[quote=“Tinman”]The Classic Posts page reads: "How to Win the Respect and Admiration of Those Around You." That’s how found this thread.

I don’t get this. [/quote]

Whoooaaa, dude! Didn’t you listen to Aerosmith when you were in like the seventh grade, man? Remember that tune, Dream On…

[quote=“Aerosmith in Dream On”]
Live and learn
From fools and from sages[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :bravo: :laughing:

HG

:ponder: I have a strange feeling you guys are making fun of me…but…I… Oh forget it. :raspberry:

T.

Not at all Tinman, chill.

HG

[quote=“Tinman”]:ponder: I have a strange feeling you guys are making fun of me…but…I… Oh forget it. :raspberry:

T.[/quote]

we are so not making fun of you… :flog:

It said he would be allowed back in from March 2007.

I wonder if he ever did try and return?
Any sightings?

[quote=“cake”]It said he would be allowed back in from March 2007.

I wonder if he ever did try and return?
Any sightings?[/quote]
I haven’t seen anything. But then again, I don’t really go out anymore.

He came back. Overstayed again and was booted circa 2016. Again.
Then he did some hocus pocus with a name change and passport change and came back again late last year and yes has been once again deported.
From my count that’s 4 times he has been deported / asked to leave, is this a record?
After the recent happenings re: river murders and foreigners working in nightclubs he was recently picked up in what most assume to be a random check (of course he has already blamed someone else for his problems)
He had been targeted before from a local Taiwanese friend of his because of some dispute over payment for services, this was no secret as that Taiwanese person openly admitted that he called the police on him several times. and of course he said they were looking for another foreigner not him.
its all a woe is me story, not my fault, from Mr Roberts, and despite his ongoing bravado he desperately tries to always return to the 'wan.

This doesn’t lend to the credibility of a rather dodgy fellow.

In case anyone missed the first part of his saga.

Most long timers in Tainan have came to the conclusion that he cannot be trusted, and few are sad to see him go as he is a blight on those of us who abide by Taiwan’s laws.

I expect him to reply with threats and insults. (although his life is too awesomely cool to bother with “idiots on this forum”)

5 times is the lucky charm I guess.

I don’t get people like this. If he put even a modicum of the effort into following the rules of his visa that he put into evading the authorities he never would’ve gotten into this situation in the first place.

What a loser.

Ah, those were the days—when foreigners lived daringly, when Taiwan’s busiest airport was named after a dictator, and when forumosa had posts longer than two sentences.

@Brianjones You have been known to miss “the buzz.” Threads like this must make you miss it even more!

Guy

1 Like

Good post.

3 Likes

You will notice that my previous post had exactly three sentences.

Baby steps toward reclaiming forumosa’s glorious past! : P

Guy

2 Likes

FIFY