CKS Name Change

The news is reporting CKS name change to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport

tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/ … /2vdo.html

[quote=“Doctor Evil”]The news is reporting CKS name change to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport

tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/ … /2vdo.html[/quote]

Not sure about that. I’d be more sure your signature line would be true.

[quote][color=blue]ack: Now, the Chinese, they go for Australian girls, y’know, big-boned. The Germans usually go for Tamils. The British don’t give a damn as long as they’re young and boyish, isn’t that right, Colonel?
Col. Gunstone: Indubitably[/color].[/quote]

bangkokpost.com/breaking_new … ?id=112599

More confirmation.

I’ve seen that it will stay TPE as international identifier.

world-airport-codes.com/alph … ame/t.html

Wow, it only took 20 years. :unamused: Maybe there’s hope that we will see that ugly memorial hall torn down in our lifetime.

TPE = Taiwanese Propaganda Exhibition.
Because that’s what all the billboards are there- propagandist bullshit.
Taiwan, home of pet loving fucking crap whatever.( self explanatory)
Taiwan, take your breath away ( Yep, thats because of the fucking pollution)

The list goes on…

And the horrible airport hotel. If China only sent one missile over and they aimed at that building it would be a big help.

[quote=“Ironman”]And the horrible airport hotel.[/quote]While I agree that it’s ugly, I don’t have a problem with what it stands for. The CKS memorial otoh is grotesque way beyond the surface…

[quote]TPE = Taiwanese Propaganda Exhibition.
Because that’s what all the billboards are there- propagandist bullshit.
Taiwan, home of pet loving fucking crap whatever.( self explanatory)
Taiwan, take your breath away ( Yep, thats because of the fucking pollution)[/quote]

???

Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport? That’s the best they could come up with? Blah. They could at least come up with some other historical figure or interesting name. If you’re going to carry through an agenda of getting rid of the old, you should at least put some effort into coming up with the new.

[quote=“Dangermouse”]
???[/quote]Linky

Thanks redwagon, i was too lazt to do it myself…Exactly what I was trying to say anyway…
Cheers.
TS

[quote=“Poagao”]Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport? That’s the best they could come up with? Blah. They could at least come up with some other historical figure or interesting name. If you’re going to carry through an agenda of getting rid of the old, you should at least put some effort into coming up with the new.[/quote] Good point, that name is not that great, but then there might have been too much political backlash if they had chosen any other name.

I think the new name is a slap in the face of the residents of the nearby township. They should immediately demand to have its name added, so we could have - drumrolls please:

Taiwan Taoyuan Tayuan International Airport.

Why not Taipei International? In 10 years or so, Taoyuan/NanKan/Dayuan will just be the outer fringes of Greater Taipei city.

And the horrible airport hotel. If China only sent one missile over and they aimed at that building it would be a big help.[/quote] :roflmao:

They should just call it Vroom Vroom International Chinese Taipei Airport.