Clearing agent needed

I’m looking for a company to assist with importing some samples from our company in South Africa. Any assistance or advice welcome.

What do you want to import?

2 Likes

Thats pretty vague for a random internet forum post. Not only is it sketchy, any company that is happy to oblige based on that is also quite sketchy.

1 Like

Sorry, a little more detail then might be better, I have a reps office established in Taiwan and would like to bring some samples of our health supplements and body care products into Taiwan. A Reps office cannot import or sell but I do believe I am allowed to Market the products as long as they are bought from the South African Company. To do this I would like to bring in some samples.

I have answered the PM.

But for everyone else the rules on anything health related is complicated.

Supplements have weird rules in Taiwan and it seems the tariff on this is quite high. This is one reason why vitamins are so expensive here. But there is quite a big market for supplements, as you can attest by seeing all these “essence of chicken” and various snake oils they sell all over the place. They are good gifts for elderly it seems.

But if you want to import them, then you will want to check with Department of Agriculture or something and see what the rules on them are… this is something your rep office should know to deal with.

1 Like

Yes, Its quite easy to find the rules for each product you want to import, all you need is the HS code, for example Facial Cleanser( 200ml) has this code 3304.99.20.90-6 and then it shows you what the duties etc. would be in this case its 0% (Free of duty) and then you have to add the 5% Taxes and the last line gives you all the requirements eg This requires a Phytosanitary certificate My subject was more likely the wrong choice, I should have posted Clearing agent needed.

If you have processed goods you likely dont need a phytosanitary certificate. Those are more for living/raw biological materials. You will need to make sure the species you are importing.has been imported here before from the country of export, otherwise you need to apply for permission(once) prior.

I would say it is easier to nust import health products as taiwan luthiers mentions the laws here are wacky and illogical sometimes. This can make manufacturing here frustrating.

If your products are all legal, paperwork in order, teste etc, there shouldnt be any issues. Just pay your duties and taxes as normal.

Thank you, I used that phytosanitary certificate as an example to what the HS lookup code could give you. The products are all legal and tested and certified. I need a clearing agent to handle it though.

they will need to be certified here in Taiwan too.

Changed topic title as per OP’s request.

1 Like

Agreed, I am looking for a local Taiwanese clearing agent.