Clothes rant

I find it amazing that, given the amount of time modern humans spend in cars, and how many decades that has been the case, that clothes are still designed the way they are. I’m a guy, so no handbag for me, no other place on my person to carry shit like cellphones or small change, a wallet etc. If you think about the fact that you’re seated and held down by a seat belt, where are the most difficult places to reach on your person? Your butt, your hips, and your chest where it’s covered by seatbelt. I find it amazing that that is exactly where the pockets on men’s clothes always seem to be placed. wtf is with that??
Sure, I can wear cargo pants on the weekend and it’s much easier to get into those side pockets while driving, but I can’t wear stuff like that to work. Most the dress pants or khakis I own have pockets so shallow my small change always drops from there straight under my seat, so efficiently you think they’d designed them that way. :fume:

When are designers going to get the idea that most clothes do not function adequately when behind the wheel?

Its bob. He’s like the witch behind the curtain in Wizard of Oz. He has ultimate control over all men’s clothing designs and he does it this way on purpose. You’re supposed to walk, you see.

er…how often do U reach into your wallet while U R driving? Who U pickin up?!

just leave the sunglases, cellphone in the cup holder in the middle, as well as some change for the tolls. Yes its annoying, especially when i reach for my cellphone, so i just take it out of the pocket. Its really a tiny minority that would be in such a situation i believe. Plus u can charge your phone when in your car :slight_smile:

[quote=“webdoctors”]er…how often do U reach into your wallet while U R driving? Who U pickin up?!
[/quote]
Freeway toll tickets every 10 passes. Parking lots.

[quote]
just leave the sunglases, cellphone in the cup holder in the middle, as well as some change for the tolls. Yes its annoying, especially when i reach for my cellphone, so I just take it out of the pocket. Its really a tiny minority that would be in such a situation I believe. Plus u can charge your phone when in your car :slight_smile:[/quote]Weeelll, a Suby doesn’t really have an abundance of cupholders or cubbyholes. I do keep my sunglasses, handsfree kit and freeway tickets in a cubby in the dash. The thing that pisses me off is getting at my wallet to grab $20 for parking or get at my wallet to buy freeway tickets. F**king pockets are in exactly the worst possible place for that. :fume:

I own a few items of technical clothing for use while strapped into harnesses. The attention to design is amazing, pockets on the sleeves, ones that open from the center of the chest etc. Too bad they are too warm or bizarre-looking to wear in normal settings.

Sandman: I think we can slag the tree-hugger as much as we like, I doubt he comes in here. :wink:
Rule #1 Always blame the guy who isn’t around to defend himself. :smiling_imp:

Two words…man pouch.

They look horrible but can hold all of your goodies in one place.

A true fashion statement from hell. :smiling_imp:

fanny packs should be universally collected and burnt!

Fanny packs are extremely useful for strapping on a few extra items for a hike, like sunblock, a rolled up hat etc., when you don’t want to carry a backpack. To hell with fashion; they’re practical!

As for driving etc., why not just get the kinds of functional action slacks and shorts that have extra pockets further on down, with plenty of room for stuff? E.g.,

5.11 are really well made, really comfortable, and look good too.
http://www.511tactical.com/Products/Tactical/index.asp

oh nice…

ammo mags…

“Fanny packs”. Tee hee. Titter. Fnaaar. :laughing:

Fanny-packing. Snork. Ooer missus. Can you stick it in now Mr. Gimlet?

Thanks DB.

Man-pouch NO, 5.11 YES. :smiley:

Fine. What do un-American people refer to VAGINA packs as?

Fine. What do un-American people refer to VAGINA packs as?[/quote] Belt bags or bum bags. And we un-Americans use rubbers to rub out mistakes rather than just prevent them.