Clubbing in HsinChu

I’ve just started a contract in HsinChu and want to know if anyone can recommend a good place to go clubbing or at least have a good time which doesn’t involve karaoke.

Anyone?

Try “the view” on the top floor of the Chinatrust hotel. Cool lounge type atmosphere, and good techno and ambient music. But, no dance floor if that’s what you’re after. But it’s a good place to go and chill with friends.

[quote=“kerlyeddie”]I’ve just started a contract in Hsinchu (Xinzhu) and want to know if anyone can recommend a good place to go clubbing or at least have a good time which doesn’t involve karaoke.

Anyone?[/quote]

I’m not into much “clubbing” myself, but I heard some of me mates speaking very highly of the Pig&Whistle; Pig Pen; and Flying Pig. Their idle chat led me to two of the ‘pigs’ in a moment of weakness in the wee hours of a Saturday morning. Lot’s of music, dancing, girls, etc. Not bad at all. A little loud for me though. Give it a try.

Well, if you have been here a week you have probably alreayd found all the clubs in Hsinchu…but on the off chance you are deaf and blind, the only 2 places to go late on are the Pig and Whistle upstairs, used to be quite good and the Flying Pig…both are not bad if you have had enough to drink before hand…one piece of advice dont venture in either sober…Kinda ruins the whole experience!!

[quote=“stan”][quote=“kerlyeddie”]I’ve just started a contract in Hsinchu (Xinzhu) (Xinzhu) and want to know if anyone can recommend a good place to go clubbing or at least have a good time which doesn’t involve karaoke.

Anyone?[/quote]

I’m not into much “clubbing” myself, but I heard some of me mates speaking very highly of the Pig&Whistle[/quote]
Oh, that sort of clubbing? Personally, I always preferred baby seals.

Q: What’s a baby seal’s least favorite drink?

A: Canadian Club on the rocks.

'k thanks guys. I’ll give the view a try. All pigged out and it’s true about needing to be shitfaced beforehand. btw, does anyone know the chinese translation for “come back in about 12 more drinks”? Pig and whistle indeed.