Clubhouse for Forumosa?

Will this forum ever evolve into something similar to the Clubhouse app?

2 Likes

no

8 Likes

It’ is already, but mute. You can create, join or neglect any forum. You can even raise your voice.

1 Like

More likely to evolve into something like the homegrown app sensation, SWAG

2 Likes

A place where we can talk and listen to each other?

My first thought was no not a good idea.

But I’m having second thoughts. There’s a lot of different subjects nice to have people online and a group conversation to talk about at different times.

For example, like now if I’m traveling in Kenting. And I want to go on for an hour and talk about my trip as I’m on my way down and get feedback from people that have been there before or others can just listen and maybe pick up new information.

Or another example, let’s say I’m in Tainan today. I’m trying to figure out where to go eat tonight and where to spend my time after hours. I open up a clubhouse type conversation people can jump in and we can all talk story about places they’ve been or places they want to go or places they are at.

A current events example, could open up a conversation daily for an hour about covid in Taiwan and just converse let people catch up without needing to read.

A daily events example, open up a conversation for an hour where we talk about stupid scooter accidents we’ve seen the previous day.

Another example that could be rather important, let’s say we start seeing a lot of Jets or helicopters or military deployments and we’re wondering what’s going on. Just open up a clubhouse conversation and anybody can start sharing what they know and it’s like a live reporting which is kind of more reliable than anything else we’ve got.

Another example since they’re predicting an 8 plus earthquake coming up. Would be nice to have a live Clubhouse conversation where we could all talk at the live moment when things are happening.

And people don’t have to talk, they can just listen.

I’m really liking this idea where there’s just an open online group conversation. Especially relevant in Taiwan for foreigners when things like earthquakes or other emergencies or just for a quick question like how do I tell the taxi to turn right.

Sounds like time for a Clubhouse Forumosa.

3 Likes

Why don’t we all just go to a bar sometime and get liquored?

5 Likes

Not a surprise suggestion coming from DRINKdaddy… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

That was my approach last fall. Worked great.

1 Like

Sweet. Let’s do it sometime after CNY

That might be problematic for me. I’m in NY, but I know lots of folks on this site will do real life meetups. They did for me, and I’m a cantankerous mouthy bastard.

1 Like

Talking is for people tired of typing

Someone more proactive than myself can open up (create) a Telegram group and then create a voice chat. Then whoever is in the voice chat at any given time can just fire away.
I’d listen to your trips, @tango42

4 Likes

Well, for any of you interested…this is our Taiwan Talks group on clubhouse. well, I’m actually linking the facebook group but yeah https://www.facebook.com/groups/taiwantalks

The room was started 8 days ago, and it’s been open nonstop ever since. That first day they got about 5k people through the room, since then it’s probably been way more. So many homesick Taiwanese from all over the world as well as Taiwan lovers from all over the world, just chatting about literally everything except politics.

2 Likes

Just open up a Forumosa room in Clubhouse.

2 Likes

Rather than “evolving into” I would rather see something like a Discord server or a Clubhouse channel as a complement of the regular forum.

what’s your handle?

I don’t use Clubhouse.

1 Like

I’ve looked the Clubhouse app up on wiki and I still can’t figure out what it is. You can see people when they are chatting like on Skype?

1 Like

Someone create a Telegram channel. There’s a clubhouse-like voice mode on it.

Plus, Clubhouse doesn’t work for Android.

1 Like