CNN Analyst Accuses David Webb of White Privilege. Webb is Black

This makes the assumption that different skin color guarantees a greater variety of what’s in the software.

1 Like

Yeah well, I like science. People think it’s logical to assume that there are more people living in extreme poverty today compared to 20 years ago when the number is actually half. Because facts.

For reference:

2 Likes

So the issue that’s should be addressed how opportunities can be more equal. The answer to that is not giving someone less competent the spot because he had a worse book. That’s how you end up with messed up backwards societies where someone’s retard cousin is the minister of energy with no qualifications. Just the opposite way.

We have made things more equal in opportunity because we base things on competence. There’s no better time to be alive.

Unless you’re a competent white guy at CBS.

I feel there are two types of outlooks in the world. One parent tells their kids they should study hard so they don’t end up like that garbage man. Another thinks they should study hard so they can make the garbage mans life better.

Inequality has gone down, we’ve cut down poverty and things like dying of Diseases and child mortality. You see that in societies based on competence. You base it on anything else, it ends up backwards which is what this does.

Do some people really think like this? If only! And garbage men drive trucks that pick up garbage with giant machine arms. It looks like mad fun.

And how did they get this? The garbage man designed it at home?

You as a person excelling and taking 110% of your privileges does better to the world.

I’m guessing white or Asian engineers designed those robot arms by sheer force of their white and yellow privilege.

Bringing skin color into this again ? There are almost daily references to race on this site. What has skin color got to do with it. Interacting with a greater range of people benefits knowledge aquisiton. More knowledge is acquired with greater experience, that’s common sense. Unless you feelthat just a few hillbillies interacting with each other in the west Virginia mountains is a greater way to knowledge advancement.

I agree 100%. This is why I’m not in favor of race-based affirmative action.

1 Like

How are you connecting those two? If it wasn’t for race based affirmative action then probably the nearly the whole campus would be Chinese. Just because they got higher grades doesn’t equal higher genetic intelligence and having mostly Chinese in post grad programs would lead to less diverse interaction.

But you’re making huge assumptions based on race. It could be the those two people in bum fuck no where be the Wright brothers and have huge ambitions and knowledge/skill.

I figure some mom or dad got drug to a Transformers movie.

1 Like

But does it make one better at math, or science, or spelling?

Well science is a team effort with results generally coming from a long chain of interacting ideas which come from a diverse group of people. Humans civilizations that isolated themselves have generally not ended up well.

The Wright brothers were in the middle of it all and watched and gathered information from countless failed flight attempts.

I would hardly call Dayton Ohio a middle of it all. But the point just went straight pass you didn’t it?

No one is talking about isolating themselves and this has nothing to do with it. Human civilization thrived because people value competence.

So in the long line of scientific discoveries and advancements since the Enlightenment, how racially (and sexually) diverse have the scientists been, and how has their lack of said diversity affected their scientific efforts?

You missed the point didn’t you ?