CNN Analyst Accuses David Webb of White Privilege. Webb is Black

I don’t find it that amusing. It’s the natural path if Asian Americans really want to go down this white privileged concept. You can already see where this will go from a few posts here. “Asians are not real Americans” “they’re cheats from privileged backgrounds coming to take ours”

It’s just one spoke on a wheel of divisive ideas which are identity politics. None of the spokes for a moment consider the greater wheel which is society only just how much can be gained for their particular group.

edit/ Wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn brasd genuinely believes reparations would be a good idea.

People have to work with people they disagree with all the time for a variety of reasons…

Also, if you pay taxes I can guarantee you are in some way or another enabling extremists in the form of government aid, etc. I know it’s extremely nit-picky but this sort of thing irks me so much because I see it so much and there is such a lack of specificity. A = Z !

1 Like

Nice isn’t the word, but it was (maybe) instructive to see how identity politics plays out irl.

The idea that the US as a whole somehow benefits only if certain segments are purposefuly held back (Asian Americans and white Americans) in order to help yet another segment of society (African Americans) pits these segments against each other in a zero-sum scheme. That it’s defended by saying that whites have it coming or (even worse) that Americans of Chinese descent are “the worst” is even more perverse.

State sanctioned racism is clearly toxic to the body as a whole, from the get-go.

2 Likes

He’s not from the US. I have never ever heard anyone say Asians are privileged.

“Asians are a bigger threat than whites.”

Said, no African American ever, unless they’re from the ghetto.

Do you honestly believe this particular ideology of identity politics will just end with white people and Asians are shielded from it? With less than 6% of the population, particularly East Asians have dominated college enrollments, found tremendous success in the professional world with some of the highest incomes, exponentially built wealth within a few generations.

We’ve already seen how this plays out in the extreme. The people that supported the bolsheviks were the first ones taken out their homes executed or thrown in the gulags. The peasants that supported mao were the ones that starved to death. Even the jew hating SA who were the most loyal to hitler were the first ones to be executed the night he took power. Playing with fire here.

1 Like

You are correct. It’s called the tail wagging the dog. i.e. a small group controls how the body behaves. From the rules for radicals, “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”. For the Democrats who have extremely high black support, it’s not hard to guess where they go from there.

Doesn’t mean the small group is actually doing things overall that benefit the group as a whole, as I am sure most realize, the subject of illegal immigration is going to impact the black community as a whole more than most.

The blacks and whites on the whole built the nation of the USA. Yeah, some Chinese worked on the railways, but by and large the group of Chinese “Americans” in those successful positions you talk of are recent privileged immigrants or children of privileged immigrants exploiting birth right laws. The blacks had far more role in building the US, so yes should get help in proactive discrimination to top universities for now. It seems the only ones complaining about proactive discrimination are the privileged class of “American” Chinese who failed to get into Harvard. Well bite the bullet, yes life can be unfair deal with it like blacks did and still do and stop whining all the time. You got it good enough already.

Do you actually have any statistics to back this lol

Proactive discrimination lol. You mean straight up racism? Just say what it is.

It’s incredible someone can be so blatantly racist and not see it. Even justify it.

This doesn’t put in perspective their relative income and success. Just shows who is immigrating to the country via this pathway.

@Andrew0409 Let me jump in. brasd is looking at this from a particular perspective, I am sure he believes 100% what he is saying. No matter ho much going back and forth, you will not change his perspective. In fact, you will probably reinforce it.

In fact I might suggest, anyone who disagrees with his conclusions will probably be labeled a white supremacist or an Asian supremacist.

Nope it is not racism it actually helps the nation and the university get the best students not just the wealthiest students, so it.is not racism but very logical.

You can disagree all you want, I’d just prefer if you didn’t say such comments as “I raped your mother” or post " white supremacy hand signs". I haven’t posted black power symbols have I ?

Which is what makes it shocking to me and others who thought he was just trolling because it’s so outlandishly racist. And the more you dig in, the more shades of these virtue signaling words used to justify it peels off. Take off those layers and what you have is just plain racism.

1 Like

This just isn’t how citizenship is defined in America, and is a part of what makes the country great. The fact that you had ancestors who did or didn’t help build the country doesn’t give you any special privileges. Every citizen is equal in the eyes of the law, which is just how it should be.

1 Like

Therefore you think Harvard is racist too?

Their policies are.

This isn’t a matter of thinking, there’s clear evidence that Harvard is indeed racist.

1 Like

I haven’t been reading every post, that kind of thing is way off base, don’t forget to use the report button. Nobody should use language like that.

Also, I’m not really disagreeing with you so much as to say, when someone has a blinkered perspective and I get where you are coming from though, it’s virtually impossible to get someone to change that perspective or even get them to look at the issue from multiple perspective. Because it is fixated on just one singular perspective.

Not attempting to change your mind, but you might consider that as food for thought.