CNN Analyst Accuses David Webb of White Privilege. Webb is Black

LOL
Checkmate.

1 Like

@Mick why do you move that here? You have a racist guy writing messages that would make you ban him if they were about Jews or if he weren’t black (those generalisations about Chinese) and you guys haven’t taken any action. Posting that message I’m demonstrating serious inconsistencies in his posture (not in his arguments because so far he didn’t bring in anything of relevance), so why do you move that post?

I haven’t moved anything “here”, I moved some posts to temp. Those along the lines of “you are a racist” as opposed to quoting what was said and explaining why what was said is an example of racism. One is attacking the messenger, the other is attacking the idea.

This is a new wave of thinking coming out of universities, don’t look away, take a hard look at what is quite real and shared thought by many in the younger black generation as someone else noted, especially in the inner cities.

Plus if you see a post of his you think breaks the rules, click the report button and if is against the rules, it too will be moved.

Ok, the post was moved to another thread, sorry for the confusion. Still I don’t see why you do it. It’s a post of him saying he thinks positive discrimination is racist, while here he was defending the opposite. What is the problem with my post again?

Have you moved any of his posts calling everybody else racist?

EDIT: sorry, my mistake. I’d swear my post had been moved to the temp.

No problem, confusing times. Sometimes people get so caught up with a cause they become blind to the obvious inconsistencies, bubble think or can’t see the forest for the trees. But good luck trying to nail him down on any particular point, you simply can’t get someone who has taken such a narrow look from a singular perspective to look at the situation as a whole from any other perspective other than their own. All you will do is enforce their resolve and they will conclude that you must be the thing they are fighting against since you oppose their conclusions.

I saw his posts as a flight forward since the beginning. He knew he was sounding stupid, but he still believes the world owns them something, even if he doesn’t know why.

Do you ever stop moaning. I said you are using neo nazi hand signs and it was rightly removed , even though you claimed it was a joke. Also I thought you said you were talking a break from Forumosa in one of your narcissistic polls about “Who thinks you’re funny”. Yes, I agree with the principle of Harvard’s policy. Live with it, I think you need to take your microwave for a walk again (ha ha so funny not)

I think it’s fair to assume that in a not-so-distant future people will consider this thread to be the starting point of a worldwide race war.

1 Like

that bus has already left the station a few years ago

1 Like

The Brit above, who presumes to think for Americans, is evading the question with a blanket “I disagree with it.”

What do you reckon is behind this enrollment trend? Why do elite American universities favor brand new (1st or 2nd generation) black immigrants over other Americans, including black Americans?

Making enrollment or hiring decisions based on race alone are examples of textbook racism, whether the identity cohort (“race”) is white, black, or any other skin hue. I wonder if any Forumosan - other than the Brit above - thinks otherwise?

Rightly, correctly
 I agree. but TBH even if I have come back to check this thread now and then I haven’t read it exhaustively. Stop moaning.

And
 what Nazi symbols are you talking about? Milk? LOL. then I guess that @Dr_Milker must be Hitler himself.

I never said I was “talking” a break (you have a lot of typos and a weird English for a native speaker, I must say). I said I had to leave for a while, hence the use of “now”. I started a thread but I wasn’t going to be able to reply, so I thought it was a good idea to let people know.

We know, you have been defending positive discrimination (towards blacks) the whole thread, but it’s
funny to read somewhere else that you consider positive discrimination a form of racist. LOL x 10.

Everybody needs it.

I think that what is crippling the left, especially its “thinkers,” is victimhood. That being a victim implies virtue, that being a victim implies the existence of a racist whose thoughts and actions are the product of privilege, and that such privilege is therefore an enemy of all people. Unfortunately the left is made happy by - and seems to be working hard toward - spreading the victim/privilege meme for its very survival, even if its acceptance by doubters must be accomplished by force.

I find this hair-on-fire alarming and super threatening. I worry for the USA in the future, and about the quality of thinking and decision-making that the leaders of all Western governments will have at their disposal.

Based on ideas young people have now, ideas about victimhood and privilege, I fear that the work of groups like ISIS and nations like China and Russia will be made much, much easier - as bad as they are as world actors, at least they do not buy for a second the twin pillars of victimhood and privilege.

As things stand I think the victimhood/privilege one-two punch (buttressed by the ease of introduction provided by social media) may pose the most serious threat to Western civilization since the fall of Rome.

At least Areva Martin of CNN had the decency to apologize to David Webb after accusing him of leveraging white privilege. How long, I wonder, before such acknowledgement (much less apology) disappears from discourse?

2 Likes

tbh, I told my dad a decade ago that sheet was rolling down hill for society in the US, chiefly with the help of geezer politicians.
2020 election will be a bad turning point, imho.
I’m a decent betting man. I give the US ten years or less before the bandaid now holding the 50 states together rips apart (and if I could I’d probably put up a few grand on it, depending on the odds, and if I don’t get arrested for placing such a bet). There will be Brexit-like attempts at separation, a la thru that favorite political thing called a “proposition”.

I think that the problem left has is more like overall disconnection with reality. That’s why they have stupid and contradictory claims and they pretend to represent “the people”, and then they are puzzle with elections results all over the planet, trying to explain it later on with delusional theories. They don’t know what’s going on, it’s a pity and a real problem in different ways.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I was telling commenters in the Washington Post this for more than two years (before I had to give up on them for bending over backward, with back flips, to host #resist in the US). Their readers are mostly residents of one of the most liberal states in the US, Maryland, and they weren’t exactly open to this observation.

I just hope that young people around the world are able to develop critical thinking skills that will hopefully kick in soon and allow them to recognize it.

1 Like

It’s not the left per say. It’s the progressive left, they too are quick to label anyone who speaks out against them as Alt right or far right, skipping over moderate left, independents and moderate right people completely. I think the moderate left are still the majority of the left but they sure have a problem on their hands with how to deal with the progressive wing of the party.

This true story about a drug addict and his father manages to get twisted into a paean to white male privilege.

This is how people are thinking now.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s much room for them just looking at how the women’s march canceled for being too white as an example. Seems you need to shift more to one side or the other these days.

1 Like

To be moderate is to be irrelevant.

yeah labeling people as Alt Right because they flash Alt Right hand signals ! Who would have thought and suggest black people drink more milk. Truly the rumors of this forum having many Alt Right sympathisers is not far off. The Forumosa Lynch Mob in evidence.