CNN Analyst Accuses David Webb of White Privilege. Webb is Black

Yes, I can say it is not the very definition of trolling.

If you want to start purging everything that started from ‘the internet champions of trolls’ then so be it.

I was actually making a point with it.

1 Like

I mean what if my ancestors were the Africans that sold the slaves to the middle easterners and Europeans? Does that person still get less privilege than the persecuted Slavs who’s entire family was slaughtered in front of them and banished to bum fuck Siberia.

This is all so ridiculous.

If they ever take out the whites, the next and easiest group would clearly be Asians, especially East Asians. Lowest population, extrem wealth creation within a few generation and extremely successful. Easier than the Jews in nazi German I tell you.

I’m still waiting for MLK’s dream of a color blind country. Maybe some day.

2 Likes

And we haven’t even had the light skin black privilege conversation.

I think the current political climate in the US would be MLK’s nightmare. Super charged and divisive identity politics on the left, and isolationist xenophobia on the right. Everything is getting worse and more divided and everyone shares blame and feeds off the other in a spiraling situation.

Not anytime soon, I’m afraid. Maybe “white skin color is evil” is a stepping stone, but it seems to be up next - it sure feels like a colorblind nation is quite a ways off.

Yes, there’s a lot of screaming and yelling going on right now, but I still think things are slowly improving, and that the country is less racist now than it’s ever been.

This seems to me more like a political power play than any kind of deep-seated racism, and I think it will start to fade as it loses its effectiveness. Kind of like the boy who cried wolf…the SJW who cried racist.

Was the point “fuck you”? Because that’s kind of how I read it.

1 Like

I hope you’re right.

The fuck? No actually. Was Ibis drinking white milk joke ‘fuck you’?

Yes, I have faith in my country…so much that I no longer live there. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I didn’t take it as any kind of “fuck you.” I took it as … well it seems the original post has been temped now but if memory serves I took it as a gentle tease.

Listen guys. brasd from what I hear on here, I may be wrong, represents himself honestly. It may have emotional reactions with many of you, Im sure it does for brasd too.

Lets leave the mocking, and trolling out of this thread if we want it to continue.

1 Like

I reckon I’ve done it. Despite being fairly definitely non-white, I’ve been accused of racism and/or exercising white privilege any number of times. Simply being British is enough to paint me white. And to be fair, there’s probably something in that.

1 Like

Sometimes I like to think of these discussions in the context of real people having a discussion.

Say we are all standing smoking outside the bar.

Brasd: you have a picture of white people. That’s racist.

Ibis: Whatever. Excuse my while I drink my white milk.

Me: lol hey-o :ok_hand:

Mick: Don’t do that!

(Did i say ‘lol hey-o’ … no. next time i’ll add that in. sheesh) Really don’t consider it as trolling though but fine. Humor shall be avoided at all costs. No more white supremacy from me. I promise.

Keep in mind it was in response to:

Which was obnoxious. And dare I say… trolling?

I feel like @Mick is one of the most hands off mods even though he’s responsible for probably the most controversial threads. But I think you read a bit too much into this one mate. This seems like one of the more tamed IP threads.

Reading the online forum messages I might jump to the conclusion brasd was a troll, some off line exchanges lead me to perhaps not. Probably not.

Thanks Andrew, people don’t tend to pipe up unless hey are really pissed, and I have had an exchange or two.

That was for real?

3 Likes

OK, so this user is just mocking on postmodernist politics. Good one! :joy:

Well, that was fun.