CNN Analyst Accuses David Webb of White Privilege. Webb is Black

But what is diversity and how does it benefit? Is it race? Sex? How do you know there’s more diversity between a black and white person than between 2 white person or 2 black person. Or that there’s more diversity between a man and a women than 2 man or 2 women.

I’ve literally felt more alike to many black, whites and Latinos than most Asians.

especially if it’s an airline pilot’s job or locomotive freight train lead engineer

1 Like

I think it’s all of the above, usually. People who think and live outside the box are usually a feature not a bug.

I can imagine situations where that is not true, but in general and over the long run total variation in nearly anything is a good thing.

I’m just saying. I’ve felt at times in the US they kinda gave me the spot for something thinking it would be good to have more diversity with a Asian in a none Asian group. And I’m literally more alike to the rest of the group than most Asians.

I look for diversity of competence. Someone people are more empathetic, maybe better at communicating, better marketing mind, better business sense etc.

It’s like I’ve had people come up to me assuming about my “Asian diversity” like omg I love Asian culture, “I’m into Fung shui, Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism etc. we’re going to get along” ummm no I don’t believe in much of that.

Or like a few girls super into k pop thinking I’m like that because I tell them I’m half Korean. Like no, I’m out here tapping on the tables to a beat to some gangsta rap.

A post was split to a new topic: Kiwi1

Learn to read properly before you answer I don’t want to waste more of my time explaining to you if you won’t read or mislead. As the last time I out debated you, your only response was to post a racist hand sign…

A black person getting in Harvard before an Asian person is justifiable under some circumstances. A white person getting in before an Asian person makes absolutely no sense.

Why is that?

Supreme Court ruled you can have affirmative action for diversity. You don’t get diversity by restricting Asians in favor of whites.

Is diversity really based on something on the color of someone skin?

:frowning:

What the hell is that!?!

You couldn’t make much sense in this topic either, is it? too high on Chinese medicine herbs?

In a genre too often dominated by white men, Moreno’s voice has remained singular, and shines as a beacon of inclusion. Deftones will likely keep chugging along for decades, and in those future years, hopefully more frontmen with diverse backgrounds get pushed to the forefront of rock.

Ha…didn’t recognize him with the blond locks.

Latino, Chinese, gay looking and married to a woman. People like him should have greater priority than any white, black, Asian or anybody really.

1 Like

Depends on your definition of diversity. Is it a goal to some how have proportional representation at the university of all different races, white, black, Asian, try to get a 50:50 ratio between men and women, however they might be proportionally made up in society at large.

Because some of the top Universities have up to 20% Asian despite making up only 5 or 6 percent of the population, seems like you would need to keep those numbers down.

Or, is someone who is diverse, just someone who is not white?

1 Like

Talk about a triple threat…