Cnn

CNN seems to go off the air at 3 a.m. every day. Has anyone else noticed this? Do they think it’s time I went to bed or something?

Your cable company chose to cut the feed off at that time, probably for the exact reasons you’ve mentioned.

I remember my old cable company used to switch from CNN to a christian gospel station at midnight. :shock: A rather clever combination, in retrospect.

My CNN runs from 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM than they switch to SUN TV.

I suddenly don’t have CNN anymore. Is it on another channel? I looked but can’t find it. Anybody else have the same problem?

With Yangming Cable, CNN was on 76 before the new year. Then it was at 103 (I think). Now it is on a grainy 97. It does, however, never go off the air so you can be fed the bias 24 hours a day.

Splash out Wolf. Get a new telly.

Its not he telly unless by some freak coincidence I and many others in this area have had our TVs go on the fritz at the same time. Its the cable provider. I’ve called to complain, they promised to “look into it” after the holiday.

But picking up a new flat screen, hmmm… may be the solution to waht ails me. CNN sucks anyway.

Chou

I get CNN on channel 97 too, but sure enough some time after 3 a.m. it goes off the air.

I just came back from The Philippines and frankly cable TV there kicks Taiwan’s feeble services into touch. It was nice to watch BBC again too.

Before the new year, CNN used to be my only refuge from those ANNOYING illegal local commercials … but now CNN is getting them too. I wonder if they would actually do something about it if someone reported to them that all of their commercials in Taiwan were being over-run by illegal local ones.

At least the local ones are easy to block out of the mind. If I see that
Volkswagen Toe Rag ad one more time I think I might throw my telly out the window. My reception is grainy too since the change to channel 97 , must be the provider.

It goes off air at around 12 a.m. now, the bastards! So much for 24 hour news.

I recently came back from the Philippines. watching cable there I can see what a crap deal we get in Taiwan. It was refreshing to get a choice of news BBC, CNN and ABC (Australia) as well as programming in a number of European languages, Japanese Chinese, Tagalong and probably some others.

Has anyone else noticed how CNN has gotten so pathetic in the run-up to the Beijing Olympics, that one can actually find more news in the China Post?

Seriously. I don’t watch it often, but every time I’ve turned to CNN in the past few weeks they’re doing nothing but counting down the days to the Olympics (BFD), commenting on the bird’s nest stadium, the 40 million flower pots, the smog, and the big excitement that they expect in the opening ceremony (BFD, BFD, BFD).

Has the world stopped? Is there no real news? How can CNN get away with such crap programming? Will they mercifully go out of business and be replaced by something better?

Advertising funds CNN. Those same advertisers are funding the Olympics. Simple.

I wish I had BBC News here, but it only comes on after midnight on one of those crappy stockmarket channels here :frowning:
Hopefully the new cable company will be better, as from what I can tell on their website, they have a much better channel selection, although you do have to pay for some of the extra channels which I think I’ll gladly do if it means I can actually get something worth watching.
CNN was always trash, but I guess it’s not quite as bad as some of the other US “news” channels…

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]I wish I had BBC News here, but it only comes on after midnight on one of those crappy stockmarket channels here :frowning:
Hopefully the new cable company will be better, as from what I can tell on their website, they have a much better channel selection, although you do have to pay for some of the extra channels which I think I’ll gladly do if it means I can actually get something worth watching.
CNN was always trash, but I guess it’s not quite as bad as some of the other US “news” channels…[/quote]

Aljazeera English, Channel News Asia, Australia Network, BBC, Sky News UK, Russia Today ( English), Cspan VOA, and many others news channels are broadcast for free as well as being provided on some pay packages.

Maybe you should get MOD or digital cable TV.

Well, the new place we’re moving to has digital cable and I’m really looking forward to it. I just hope they have a few “good” channels compared to the crap I have a choice between now. It seems like the cable companies here really have a varying “quality” selection of programs…

Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe they’ll be replaced by Fox News. :stuck_out_tongue:

Almost spilled my drink when the CNN announcer went on -twice, at leats that I heard- about the weightlifting men’s competition. He kept saying: he lifted 56 kilometers…

Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe they’ll be replaced by Fox News. :p[/quote]

FOX NEws… yes I try to stay away from thatr crap chanel… balanced and fair reporting my arse… sucky sucky sleaze reporting more like it.

The Mountain Man wrote: [quote]Aljazeera English, Channel News Asia, Australia Network, BBC, Sky News UK, Russia Today ( English), Cspan VOA, and many others news channels are broadcast for free as well as being provided on some pay packages.

Maybe you should get MOD or digital cable TV.[/quote]

I’ve got Chunghua Telecom’s MOD (media on demand) - it’s a bit crap but I can’t complain at the price (NT$89 a month). “Australia Network” has a fair bit of rugby on it - and fair credit to them for showing the tri-nation games when the Wallabies aren’t involved (i.e. the NZ-Springbok games).