CNY Survival

Schedule an emergency appendectomy, or C-section or something. If you do it now, you won’t have to take vacation time off for it later.

I believe many of our male Forumosans have already used the time for much-needed breast-reduction surgery.

Seriously, how could anyone dread CNY? If you’ve got a family, it’s the perfect time to finally spend whole days with them and get a rest. If you’re single, my God, there are millions of available people who need some companionship. Either way, there is so much to do, how could you not look forward to it?

Well both the mrs and I are already back at work. Me because my clients overseas still have deadlines that don’t take CNY into account and her because she works for an American company. Although we did take Wed/Thurs off and she gets to work from home today.

I haven’t showered since Tuesday, I’ve only left the house for cigarette runs and beer, been blogging, flobbing and Facebooking with uncountable hours of Playstation (Rugby) and Civilization to come.
I may consider a shower and head out to Coolingtower’s place sometime for a beer, and maybe even meet up with TC sometime if he can escape the in-laws. Even considering a trip to Carrefour for some Stew ingredients.
Ah, and I have some movies I’ve appropriated that I’d like to fit into the gaming and beer drinking schedule somewhere.

Yes, but where do you find them!? And would I need to shower? :wink:

Uh oh…the cable just went out…how will we make it through CNY?! (I also dont get why our cable is out… :ponder: )

That being said, went up to Danshui and it was fun seeing all the fireworks off the boardwalk and walking around…that was entertaining if anyone wants to go up there.

Went to Willy’s for a beer, pizza and to chat with some old friends. Good times. :thumbsup:

[quote=“NomNomTaiwan”]Uh oh…the cable just went out…how will we make it through CNY?! (I also dont get why our cable is out… :ponder: )

That being said, went up to Danshui and it was fun seeing all the fireworks off the boardwalk and walking around…that was entertaining if anyone wants to go up there.[/quote]

Ain’t missing much, dear. Movies this time of the year suck big time. Nothing on TV, nothing in mmovie theaters… DVD stores and MOD are your friends.

Lovely weather out there, folks. Everyobody is out and about -MRT station was packed. Restaurants are full, too.

Oh, and they had the best attendance record breaking crowd at the Flora Expo. So STAY AWAY!

Great for a hike. Went from the base of Elephant Mountain across to Muzhi Shan yesterday, all right here in the city. :thumbsup:

Forgot to tell you guys that on Saturday we had “holy chanting” -sounded like a church choir, but in a house.

A phenomena I noticed for the first time is the break in the supply chain caused by the holiday. By the last day of the holiday, the local Mos had any burger with beef patties off the menu, and my usual brunch place had dry, crumbly ciabatta.

Now that I got that off my chest, it feels much better.

The mere mention of those three words is HERESY!!!

:popcorn:

I’ve spent plenty of time indoors this CNY, as I’m not in the mood for crowds, but I have ridden my bike daily.

Also attended to anything around the apartment that needed doing, and done some online shopping, reading books I brought back and watched some DVDS.

It’s hazy as all hell outside so I’m not even sure it’s such a great idea to be exercising outdoors.