Co-worker problems

Names are blacked out, and nothing points to anyone’s identity, so why does it matter? He’d probably be amused if he ran across it here.

Set up wake on lan, write a script that connects to company VPN and turns on the computer every couple of hours.

4 Likes

Uh…I was trying to be polite, but I guess I’m too American for that.

I considered that…and assumed it was the latter.

2 Likes

If American, “turn the damned thing off” sounds like an 80 year old one.

1 Like

The crazy thing is, is if it’s the person I think it is (and 90% sure it is), it’s not even his job to come in and turn everything off. He’s a teacher, not a technician or janitor. Was going to blast off a note back to him, but my wife talked me out of it. So I’ll just wait and see and ask the guy I think it is after break.

Sounds like a typical low level employee that’s been around too long and thinks he’s the “boss of you”! Definitely do not write back or acknowledge the note in any way. Personally I’d leave it tossed casually on the desk beside the always on computer. You could always leave the computer on but turn the monitor off so it looks like everything is off thereby you win but he thinks he has…

3 Likes

Nice…

I think I’ll just crumple it up and toss it on his desk.

I don’t know the guy but he’s likely left the note due to either hoping to provoke a reaction or hasn’t the guts to say it to you face to face. Crumpling it up and tossing it on his desk legitimizes his tactic to him. Either completely ignore it or go talk to him face to face, I’d make sure the talk was as a teacher to a child describing appropriate methods of communication in the workplace rather than the angry reaction he’s likely hoping for.

2 Likes

You’ll be amazed how relaxing it feels to ignore shit like this. I have set ignore as a default at work and it’s fantastic.

6 Likes

Thanks, everyone. I was a bit pissed earlier. But now I’m over it, and glad I didn’t act rashly. It sucks how one person’s actions can impact your day though.

Anyone else deal with crappy coworkers?

1 Like

Yeah , confrontation went bad two out of two times.
Just can’t win if it’s a public dispute. Better just ignore em if you can .

If your manager (like in last job) and no way around them in the chain have to try and wait them out or leave.

Yup,ignore and move on. Say you are busy with a Thesis on the interaction of Canine Urine and Rubber :wink:

Nothing a bit of photoshop skills can’t undo…
In fact, I’ve already done it…
But the sender’s name doesn’t sound American at all…

Yea it is what it is. Bit of a dick move on his part because people can hold a grudge for a long time.

1 Like

Why would you bother?

So he can write a news story on this little storm-in-a-teacup?

Not much of a story. Just a little office drama. But it’s enough to convince me to remove the lettter from my OP.

Too late it’s already front page on Taiwan News !

6 Likes

My 15 seconds of infamy.