Coalition of English Teachers Against the Use of Fake Degree

I don’t rate degrees that much these days anyway unless they came from one of the top 50 unis. So many shitty unis about now

Let’s face it: a degree is a piece of paper that signifies that one has jumped thru someone else’s hoops. That said, some hoops are levelled higher, and angled more angularly than others. It’s more a matter of weeding out the weak, than anything else.

Those that wish to take the shortcut should have to run a flailing mail gauntlet. The very worst kind of dishonesty is that of the intellect. It’s repugnantly irrefutable.

Col. Kurtz was right: “Exterminate The Brutes!”
With gruesome & extreme prejudice, I say!
:imp:

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Let’s face it: a degree is a piece of paper that signifies that one has jumped thru someone else’s hoops. That said, some hoops are levelled higher, and angled more angularly than others. It’s more a matter of weeding out the weak, than anything else.

Those that wish to take the shortcut should have to run a flailing mail gauntlet. The very worst kind of dishonesty is that of the intellect. It’s repugnantly irrefutable.

Col. Kurtz was right: “Exterminate The Brutes!”
With gruesome & extreme prejudice, I say!
:imp:[/quote]

I agree

Name, passport number, occupation? Come ON! My uni knows my name (which is different to the name on my passport) and it CERTAINLY has absolutely no idea of my occupation.

This is just some stupid wee twat with an axe to grind and a chip on his shoulder. “What a stupid WANK” is about the most complimentary thing you could say about such a daft schmuck.
But then, he’s only good enough to diddle his tiny wee prick way down in the Kaohsiung boonies, so he’s basically not even a PERSON, for heaven’s sakes! :laughing:

[quote=“sandman”]Name, passport number, occupation? Come ON! My uni knows my name (which is different to the name on my passport) and it CERTAINLY has absolutely no idea of my occupation.

This is just some stupid wee twat with an axe to grind and a chip on his shoulder. “What a stupid WANK” is about the most complimentary thing you could say about such a daft schmuck.
But then, he’s only good enough to diddle his tiny wee prick way down in the Kaohsiung boonies, so he’s basically not even a PERSON, for heaven’s sakes! :laughing:[/quote]

totally correct could not have said it better myself. Ah Sandman let the plebs play and stay on the estate with the hounds and trout

Is the coalition behind this recent posting on Taiwanted:

taiwanted.com/viewlisting.php?view=13133

or is this one legit? :ponder:

Judge Dredd. Or are we talking about the reggae chap?

[quote=“Rik”] Is the coalition behind this recent posting on Taiwanted:

or is this one legit? :ponder:[/quote]

The new one on Taiwanted that was posted 2 days ago is the same ad that was posted here. viewtopic.php?f=55&t=88973&hilit=courier

Everything is the same except that a second email address is given in the new ad which supposedly belongs to a BioPharm site.

If this is a known scam, why can they still post things?

Dear Formumosa

My name is Mr. Allen. I posted the initial posting for the international hand couriers. We are a real company and are not way connected or affiliated to this group claiming to be gathering information. You can look at our website at any time. travelfromtaiwan@yahoo.com

My initial post was in no way connected to the people who claimed it was part of the ousting illegal teachers.

If you check the kaohsiung bulletins, we dealt with this last week. here are the links from the moderator of this bulletin and a few other people. The original posts have been take off the bulletin as they were all lies!

groups.yahoo.com/group/Kaohsiung … sage/28916

groups.yahoo.com/group/Kaohsiung … sage/28963

groups.yahoo.com/group/Kaohsiung … sage/28965

To sum everything up, We are a licensed and legal company with over 10 years experience in this industry. We have just expanded and need more couriers. Please check our website for more information. Please note the couriers do not carry any hazardous materials, or items that have not been pre-cleared by customs. We only carry products for registered companies in Taiwan that need items shipped ASAP.

Here was my original post if you would still like to apply, please feel free to Email me.

Thank you
Mr. Allen

I, as we all do, know some fantastic teachers who are working on a fake degree as well as vice versa. Honestly, what does it matter? The schools and the government don’t care as long as all the documents are stamped.

As for the legit degree holders, I would love to know how a Business degree qualifies one to teach a language. Or a Science or Psych degree. On the subject of illegitimate teaching, what about teaching kindy? Are the jokers going to launch their next piss-campaign against that?

Some days I just hate foreigners.

[quote=“ell_tee”]I, as we all do, know some fantastic teachers who are working on a fake degree as well as vice versa. Honestly, what does it matter? The schools and the government don’t care as long as all the documents are stamped.

As for the legit degree holders, I would love to know how a Business degree qualifies one to teach a language. Or a Science or Psych degree. On the subject of illegitimate teaching, what about teaching kindy? Are the jokers going to launch their next piss-campaign against that?

Some days I just hate foreigners.[/quote]

Yeah a business degree would be useful in teaching business English. A science degree could be very useful when teaching English to science related companies or students wishing to study a science course abroad. I’d say using a fake degree is wrong yes. If I had a fake degree would I use it to teach English if I could not sure. Would that make it right? I’d say having a university degree from a legitimate top 100 university is better than not having anything at all yes. I’ve seen foreigners teaching here that write like nine year olds and have the vocab of a junior high school student. So yeah a degree is better than nought I’d say.
A masters degree allows one to teach at university or private high school here. I’d say a person who has an MBA or masters in science probably has a better grasp of the English language than a high school or high school drop out. That doesn’t mean they would be a better teacher for conversational English but as a writing teacher or technical English teacher I’d pick the uni grad 9 times out of ten over the high school grad or drop out. Would I ever even think about grassing someone up on a fake degree nah most definitely not. However I disagree that a science or business graduate would not be useful for teaching certain areas of English especially of a business or technical nature. As for kindy yah I agree with ya. If the high school grad guy is great with the guitar and can draw wonderful pictures then yeah I’d pick him for kindy if legally allowed to do so but only with a teaching assistant that could check all his spelling and grammar mistakes as well as helping with the occassional long word lol :roflmao:

Bottom line is using a fake degree is deception. You are decieving the parents into believing you have a degree when you do not. That is lying plain and simple. Having a degree does not make a person a great teacher but it is still fraud to say you have what you do not. No different to a fake priest or such like. Personally I couldn’t care less what people do in their private lives as I am very much a libertarian but I dislike fraud and deception intensley still I would never grass as I am just not that way inclined.

Liars, cheats and fraudsters. I’d prefer to have friends I can trust. How can you trust a lying, cheating fraud? :ponder:

lol. Well i could still trust someone who used a fake degree I don’t consider it all that serious just a little bit more than using a fake tesol lol. However I have a friend that always tells others he has no wife and children whereas he does have a wife and three kids. He is still my friend but I always remember that if he denies the existence of his own wife and child to get a shag then he’d probably sell me out in an instant. Maybe not but that thought has crossed my mind a few times before. Yeah there are levels are fraudiness in my opinion. But then again I am judgemental and bitter lol. After all why else would I have a judge Dread avatar :roflmao: