Coconut milk

I see plenty of coconut water -even coconuts- in local stores but hell if I recall seeing coconut milk. I have some “coconut cream” I use for my curry but like coconut milk in large amounts? Nope.

@Nuit mentioned a mean masala chai with coconut milk and I went like, hey, that sounds good. Brought two packs of chai masala from Singapur, real Indian stuff. Was planning on having it plain with tea but coconut milk and masala sounds like awesomeness.

The blue supermarket called…Chuan Lian? Or something like that, they often have coconut milk in the fridge area. It’s nice and creamy!

1 Like

You mean just canned coconut milk??

I saw some in the dry goods aisles of the Chuanlian recently too. There’s a brand that I’ve seen boxed coconut water from from for a long time, and now they also had boxed coconut milk.

My PX Mart carries like 4 different brands

2 Likes

Also in Carrefour and Wellcome. It’s available all over the place.

2 Likes

More like tetra brik. Larger. Will check frozen aisle.

Creamy is the perfect texture for chai masala.

Carrefour

That’s going to be water, not milk

I went to the Chuan Lian to buy something and I went to the fridge area to take a pic of the coconut milk for you.
Of course it was out of stock.

Murphy’s law.

I’ll keep looking.

The Rainbows were hacking down wild East Coast coconuts and bringing them back to camp. Tough to break into though, we ended up using a length of rebar to get the husk off.

Similar to this, but a lot lot slower
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD439g7zFP0

Hacking down how?

Coconut we have lots of those back home good idea need to bring some curry powder from India will cook some chicken masala or whatever.

Thanks for this idea.

Just go to the Indian store

Hi Admin,
I’m around Hsinyi 101 is there Indian store selling curry powders and other spice around Hsinyi?

1 Like

fair question. I didn’t go on the runs so not sure how they got them down, but a long bamboo pole would do the trick. Don’t think they were shimmying up in person.