Coconut milk

Thanks

Go for the spices.
Stay for the Chinese kid with the Indian accent.

2 Likes

And get some bags of Indian snack food.

ok

I’ve found that coconut cream versus coconut milk may not matter depending on the brand. Some coconut milks are as thick, or thicker, than creams from a different company. And if you’re using it in a curry, just can probably just dilute the coconut cream a little.

No doubt. But making tea is another thing I think.

It’s always satisfying to cook up the cream carefully spooned off the top of a can until the oil comes out.

He cute. :howyoudoin:

1 Like

A petición:

You can find like 4 or 5 different brands in Carrefour.

BTW, I doubt the original Masala tea is prepared with coconut milk.

I’m going to have a weird Oolong tea with coconut milk right now. Thanks God I also have replenish my beer stock today so I can clean my mouth with something reliable in the case that the tea sucks as expected.

I like Kara brand for cooking.

Of course the original was probably made with milk. Anyone who has traveled in India has probably tasted masala chai with cow, goat, and who knows what milk. Coconut is popular among the vegan crowd. Those of us with lactose intolerance are also looking for variations that will be palatable.

I have to say that the tea wasn’t that bad. I prepared extra strong oolong tea (which was old btw), then served as follows: 2/3 tea, 1/3 coconut milk, and then some extra of real milk and probably a lot of sugar. We tried a second round without sugar but the tea was too sour, so a bit of sugar is needed.