"Cold drinks" an addiction

Stay away from Chinese medicine, then. :laughing: Although the Chinese medicine practitioner I sometimes go to has a VERY deep knowledge of the human body indeed – probably FAR greater than the arsehole who’s dealing with my gashed leg right now, that’s for DAMN sure.[/quote]

I hope your leg will get better soon.

I have nothing but good to say about the doctors I have had to work on me here. I have tried a chinese medicine guy once out of curiosity, however it did not do much good.

So if we don’t discout individual experiences, it would appear that you and I hyave very different experiences regarding chinese medicine. What I do know is that their clinical training can be spotty, and that there’s only a limited empirically based sharing of results and experience among its practitioners.

I would not know the foundation you mentioned, however I have only been here for 13 years.

Wonder whether it rings any bells overseas or among the audience CNA targets, however allow me to add that the original release was edited like shite, and fairly unworthy of any news gathering organization.

[quote]however allow me to add that the original release was edited like shite, and fairly unworthy of any news gathering organization.

[/quote]
I haven’t seen the original release and therefore can’t comment on the editing thereof. As to whether its unworthy of a news gathering organization, I don’t understand what you mean. It was a press release. It said certain things. They were reported and put on the wire. Nothing added, nothing taken away. Pretty much exactly what CNAs subscribers have said repeatedly that they require, in other words.
Edit: I guess you mean the CNA release, not the original press release. How so is it “shite” and “not worthy of a news gathering organization?”
As I said earlier, I would have probably rewritten it if I’d been doing that story, but you seem to hold such strong view on it, I’d be interested to hear what they are. I’m sure you can do better than “it’s shite.”
No editorializing, of course – that’s not your purview. Facts relating to the John Tung news release ONLY.

I would get rid of the Chinese doctor, and also try some fact checking via for instance google. Don’t tell me that it just came dumping in from that foundatio of yours.

For instance this “disease”:

google.com.tw/search?complet … &aq=-1&oq=

3 references, one from CNA and 2 from this thread.

Even the most obscure medical terms tends to generate a lot of references.

How many of you have heard of Rolando’s fracture? If you google it, you will get 37497 more references than to the disease the quack or the CNA editor invented for the occasion.

It is not very clear that the Chinese medicine practitioner and John Tung has anything to do with each other, IE it reminds me of an editorial I read in the China Post recently, where they in the middle of blabbering away about the olympics suddenly launched a one sentence attack on the DPP and Tsai Ying-wen and then changed back to the olympics dissection without missing a beat. I had issues working out what they were about - the CNA press release made me feel the same way.

You wait. Tomorrow there’s going to be a CNA story about how Danish men are nothing but big girl’s blouses – pink ones.