Coldplay: X&Y new album

any place on the Net to listen to YELLOW by Coldplay? Never heard it yet.

Cola: Try going to Yahoo’s LAUNCH site and check out Yellow’s music video.

Have you been living in a cave for the past 5 years?! That’s one of the most overplayed, played out songs of the 00s!

You probably have heard it, you just didn’t know what the name of the song was. You’ll recognize when you hear it.

Have you been living in a cave for the past 5 years?! That’s one of the most overplayed, played out songs of the 00s!

You probably have heard it, you just didn’t know what the name of the song was. You’ll recognize when you hear it.[/quote]

I heard that when he wrote YELLOW, he just made up the color and name Yellow on the spur of the moment, nothing romantic or inspired about the lyric at all, yet it hit big. Why?

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do.
Yeah, they were all yellow.

lyricist Chris Martin says now:

“The world yellow has all this meaning attached to it now [2005], but here’s where the mystery ends. It’s not quite so romantic. The whole song makes lyrical sense except for that word. I needed a two syllable word when I was composing the song, and there was a book lying next to me in the studio with the word “yellow” on the cover somewhere, and there it was, I just stuck that word in the lines I was writing, without rhyme or reason. And now the mystery is solved, or shattered. But it worked.”

Hopefully he’ll stay that way.[/quote]
Yeah I’m not a huge RW fan either, but my point is that there is a perception that the US music scene is the world’s music scene.

[quote]He adds, "It would be interesting to see how the world would be different if DICK CHENEY (US Vice President) really listened to RADIOHEAD’s OK COMPUTER.

“I think the world would probably improve. That album is f***ing brilliant. It changed my life, so why wouldn’t it change his?”
[/quote]

Cos Dick Cheney’s a f***ing idiot?? Though I love Radiohead I don’t quite have that much faith in the Bush administration, and I’m surprised at so much optimism coming from Chris Martin!