Coles and Woolworth in Taiwan (Aussie Supermarket)

I saw their products here in Southern Taiwan
… Coles branded meats I thought only Coles sold it. I also saw Woolworth/ Countdown branded it items somewhere else. Second photo is major Aussie Ice Cream. Good to see these items here but strange to see the Aussie supermarket house brands.

4 Likes

As long as it lasts, same for many foreign brands.

Careful with Woolworths as there is a South African chain AND the Australian one. They are NOT related, but the South African company does own Retail (not Supermarkets though) in Australia.

Also noticed this and found it odd. Coles in the meat section of px mart. If only they started carrying Aussie-style bacon :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Probably just taiwan lending a hand while australia gets derailed by the CCP? Like wine, ethanol etc. Or is it unrelated to surplus in Aus?

2 Likes

Coles beef has been at PX for at least three years. Also Wellcome has an Australian beef supplier too.

1 Like

Carrefour has incredible Australian lamb at the moment. Roasted a rack last night. :yum:

4 Likes

Costco stocks Australian Ham Slices from time to time. I’ve eaten my way through 2 boxes of the stuff. Makes awesome sarnies!

2 Likes

time to hit up the sister in law for a costco run! bacon sanga omg

1 Like

Jason was selling stuff from Waitrose for a long while, but the contract was cancelled eventually. Weird. No business wants to sign up for longterm deals, it’s always on to the new one!

1 Like

No surplus now in Darwin (NT) and WA, floods cut off transport links.

from my friend in Darwin

1 Like

A year typically can change everything in industry :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes, or the weather can do it in a day.

2 Likes

Well said. Our human idiocies are nothing compared to [non human] natures best!

1 Like

Yes, most of us forget this until.