College in Taiwan

Hi. I am going to be a senior in high school this year which means I’m going to start applying for colleges. Colleges in America are really expensive so I plant on going back to Taiwan for college (specifically Taipei area). I have an American citizenship and Taiwanese citizenship. I can speak and and listen pretty fluently but not really write it. I want to either major in computer science or psychology. Are there any colleges in Taipei that I can get in to? If so, how do I start applying? Am I an international student or overseas Chinese?

There are a lot of financial aids you can apply for…ie federal pell grants or even student loans. Also, you can get your basic courses at community colleges first then transfer to an university. Another way is to cash flow your higher education…work and study to pay your way through school. I would avoid universities in Taiwan.

Yeah – try to get your degree in the US. Community College for two years will cut down the cost a lot. You’ll just need to pay for 2 years of university studies. That’s not much if you do it right – work/save, grants, scholarships, a few small loans.

Don’t know if you are already in Taiwan?

The best choice is NTU that own the most educational resources in Taiwan. If you are overseas Taiwanese, you might have the 僑生 identity, which leads an easier path into the universities in Taiwan.