Colortune Blues (There aint no cure for the)

Got a used kit the last time I was in the UK. I’d guess a lot of these are surplus due to the owners buying new un-maintainable cars.

As far as I can tell its complete apart from the bottle of cleaning fluid, but the connector to the ignition lead has a threaded end which doesn’t, on its own, make a good connection.

IIRC motorcycle spark plugs often have a threaded end which takes a removable nipple (dunno why, perhaps there are more than size nipple?) so I went around some motorcycle places to try and get one, and as usual got the M word (meio = I don’t have, OR I can’t be bothered. Go away foreigner) everywhere I tried. I suspect the Colortune might have been confusing them.

The last place I tried harder and waved one of their spark plugs around a bit, and, using smartphone translation the guy seemed to be saying that the spark plug nipples were bigger (presumably meaning the threaded hole is bigger.)

IF this is true, it raises a couple of questions

1. Why TF would colortune supply the thing with a non-standard thread? Seems unlikely.

2. Could I get one of these allegedly big female nipples (Ooer Mrs) and fill it with solder, then drill it out and get the adaptor thread to self-tap into it?

3. Failing that, could I use a bit of, say copper brake tubing filled with solder as a link between the adaptor and a standard car male-thread nipple, shown in the picture above?

2 and 3 are both a bit of a hassle but if needs must…

I’ve got an old motorcycle plug with a threaded terminal somewhere. I’ll take that, rather than the colortune with me if I have to do the rounds again, though that’ll probably have to wait until after CNY.

Did this get solved?

Looks like colourtune flex rod may have small adaptor screwed in. Remove it and screw in nipple adaptor.