Comedy Weekend

I hope this isn’t off topic here since it’s not an event yet. But I’d like to put together a comedy weekend in either Taipei or Taichung. It has just been too long since I’ve been on stage. When I went back, I did 7 or 8 shows and remembered just how much I miss it on a regular basis.

But I don’t know who is doing comedy shows in Taiwan. So anyone with any comedy experience, contact me and let me know if you are interested in this and what you do (can reply or PM). Right now, it is only at the “I think this would be a fun thing to put together” stage. So I am not making any promises on this at all.

Matt

Talk to Harley Pool. He’s Taiwan’s King of Comedy

Geez…I thought Harley was the King of Motorcyles?

Geez…I thought Harley was the King of Motorcyles?[/quote]

It’s actually Hartley. Great comedian. Comes up with great ideas :slight_smile:

I worked with him once. Hope to do so again. Already had him in mind when I wrote the OP. Just wondering what else is out there.

Matt

Just wanted to suggest a Taichung venue. I think it would be a hit.

Matt, long time no see. Hope you’re doing well. Things have been going apace here in Taipei. Kurt, Mark and I did a show at ‘On Tap’ which went down well, had a crowd of 30 + which was nice for such a small venue. I’m doing a bunch of gigs in the UK May, and then a big one here at the end of May. Aside from that, nothing else yet.

Let me know. I think Taichung’s a good idea but it might work better if you can find a bunch of Taichungers who are interested in performing, that way you’ll get more local support. Also, there are an increasing amount of Taiwanese with good English who want to get up there and give it a go - worth exploring.

Love,

H

[quote=“Hartley”]Matt, long time no see. Hope you’re doing well. Things have been going apace here in Taipei. Kurt, Mark and I did a show at ‘On Tap’ which went down well, had a crowd of 30 + which was nice for such a small venue. I’m doing a bunch of gigs in the UK May, and then a big one here at the end of May. Aside from that, nothing else yet.

Let me know. I think Taichung’s a good idea but it might work better if you can find a bunch of Taichungers who are interested in performing, that way you’ll get more local support. Also, there are an increasing amount of Taiwanese with good English who want to get up there and give it a go - worth exploring.

Love,

H[/quote]

Hi Hartley. Good to see you on here :slight_smile:

I had planned on stopping by your last show, but then I looked at the calendar - same time as Spring Scream. I’m glad to hear it went over well.

I think Taichung would be great. Right now, it’s a matter of finding people who feel they can do this. Maybe if I offered sort of an informal training session to go along with it for free, it might bring about more people. (I would charge for it, but it’s not like I’ve been doing comedy full time for 20 years or anything). But I think I could at least teach the basics of comedy writing fairly well.

Any Taichungers interested?

Matt