Comic books (in Chinese)

Are there any must read comics? Classics that any true comic conisuer (is that right?) must read?

Because it was laying around at this resturant I started reading Conan (

Just to dispel any confusion, you do mean Ke Nan, The kid detective right?

Xiao Wan Zi is a similarly popular girlie classic.

However, my faves would be:

Our household mutt (jia you jian gou).

Sorry, my Chinese writing function isn’t working. It’s a series - of Japanese origin - with the main character a white dog with a black eye.

It’s both hilarious and a great way to improve your colloquial Chinese.

The Romance of the Three Kingdoms (San guo Yan Yi ) cartoons are also quite cool and a hell of of a lot easier than the actual book!

But for Taiwanesee guoyu . . . the translated TV version of Southpark is exceptionally good. Best line I saw had the kids performing a Thanksgiving play when one kiddie wanders up to the teacher and says (in Chinese) “teacher, I don’t know if I’m supposed to be an aborigine or a Chinese?”. The teacher replies: “Well, do you eat betel nut?” Kid says “yeah” The teacher replies: “Well that’s easy, your’e obviously an aborigine.”

HG

Yeah, someone told me his name in English was Conan, then I saw Conan written on the back of the book (it says “Detective Conan”). Thanks for your suggestions, I’ll be sure to check’m out.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Just to dispel any confusion, you do mean Ke Nan, The kid detective right?

Xiao Wan Zi is a similarly popular girlie classic.

However, my faves would be:

Our household mutt (jia you jian gou).

Sorry, my Chinese writing function isn’t working. It’s a series - of Japanese origin - with the main character a white dog with a black eye.

It’s both hilarious and a great way to improve your colloquial Chinese.

The Romance of the Three Kingdoms (San guo Yan Yi ) cartoons are also quite cool and a hell of of a lot easier than the actual book!

But for Taiwanesee guoyu . . . the translated TV version of Southpark is exceptionally good. Best line I saw had the kids performing a Thanksgiving play when one kiddie wanders up to the teacher and says (in Chinese) “teacher, I don’t know if I’m supposed to be an aborigine or a Chinese?”. The teacher replies: “Well, do you eat betel nut?” Kid says “yeah” The teacher replies: “Well that’s easy, your’e obviously an aborigine.”

HG[/quote]

Dear all,

My old time fav. comic is -

I just love