Coming back to Forumosa and Formosa

Hi Folks,
I lived in Taiwan for about 15 years and moved back to California in late 2008. I have been in San Diego ever since I moved back. In the years I lived in Taiwan I was fairly active here on Forumosa and really enjoyed the forum. My wife and I might be moving back to Taiwan sometime over the next few years and so I thought I would start following things in Taiwan more closely. And the best way to do that is----get active on Forumosa!

By way of a short introduction, I am an attorney by profession. When I lived in Taiwan I was involved in human rights and criminal justice reform. I also had an interest in Chinese martial arts history and wrote a couple of books on that when I was there in Taiwan.

When I returned to California, I took over my family’s business which handles the electronic security for the Port of San Diego. I still have some involvement in criminal law; I volunteer as a Superior Court Judge Pro-Tem doing traffic cases and some small claims. I can’t say as I do much Chinese martial arts anymore, instead I have been doing judo and Brazilian jiu jitsu since my return. We are lucky here in San Diego, it is a hotbed of BJJ talent.

I look forward to getting to know everyone who I used to know on the forum and meeting some new folks too.
take care,
Brian

Welcome back Brian!

Indeed, welcome back!

Welcome back on the team, brianlkennedy! We’ll slot you into the leadoff spot, and you’ll be starting in center.

Unfortunately, we’re going to need to make room on our 25-man roster, so we’ll have to send agentsmith down to Pawtucket.

Once again, I’d like to say, on behalf of all of us here at Forumosa, that we are looking forward to the return of brianlkennedy. :bow:

Oh, and by way of introduction, I am one of the resident experts of all things dealing with things. Since 2008, I’ve been working on my snakeboarding, and last winter I began clearing out the study. I’ve written a pamphlet, and I eat a lot of ice cream.

You’re gonna fit right in.

[quote=“zender”]Welcome back on the team, brianlkennedy! We’ll slot you into the leadoff spot, and you’ll be starting in center.

Unfortunately, we’re going to need to make room on our 25-man roster, so we’ll have to send agentsmith down to Pawtucket.

Once again, I’d like to say, on behalf of all of us here at Forumosa, that we are looking forward to the return of brianlkennedy. :bow:

Oh, and by way of introduction, I am one of the resident experts of all things dealing with things. Since 2008, I’ve been working on my snakeboarding, and last winter I began clearing out the study. I’ve written a pamphlet, and I eat a lot of ice cream.

You’re gonna fit right in.[/quote]

…and there’s plenty more where zender came from… :whistle:

Welcome back!

Thanks folks for the warm return welcome. I really have missed Taiwan and Forumosa. I look forward to getting back into the swing of things.

take care and talk with you all soon.
Brian